Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Old 01-25-2017, 12:09 AM
Uleat
Developer

Default Bot AI Spells Review

I'm going to be reviewing the current list of bot ai spells and see what, if any, can be changed or updated. This includes those selected by
the bot command system. (I did not realize that Scale of Wolf broke for combat...)

If you have any suggestions to improve the selection of spells, please post them and I'll review for implementation.

Please consider that I may not be able to implement spells based off of their spell line or their effective use with bots. This includes bard songs.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 01-25-2017, 04:40 AM
Proxeeus
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
I'm going to be reviewing the current list of bot ai spells and see what, if any, can be changed or updated. This includes those selected by
the bot command system. (I did not realize that Scale of Wolf broke for combat...)

If you have any suggestions to improve the selection of spells, please post them and I'll review for implementation.

Please consider that I may not be able to implement spells based off of their spell line or their effective use with bots. This includes bard songs.
Great news !

Regarding bot spells, off the top of my head:

- Enchanter Mesmerize line: none of my enchanter bots were able to mez mobs, I had an error message telling me that none of my bots were able to cast that spell...oh well, train to zone I guess

- Bind Affinity is pretty much the same. I think the message was something along the lines of "the command is not ready yet" or something like that

- SoW would imo be more efficient instead of Scale of Wolf, as it breaks in combat (but that was already reported)
Old 01-26-2017, 08:33 PM
Uleat
Developer

Scale of Wolf was removed as a selected use spell in bot commands.

I did look into the Mez issue..and I think you're probably running into a spell level enforcement issue.

I tested with a lvl 53 enchanter.

Greys through whites had no problems being mezzed with Dazzle.

Yellows up to and including lvl 55s were mezzable.

Level 56 yellows were not mezzable and reflect the level cap found here: Allakhazam:Dazzle

At this level, the next spell in line would be:
Code:
"   Glamour of Kintaz" tt:07/cc:14/cl:054 /mn:00125/RD:-00010/zt:-1/d#:001691/td#:00126/ed#:00035/SAI:012 /e01:0031/b01:000002/m01:000057 /e02:0063/b02:000030/m02:000000 /e03:0254/b03:000000/m03:000000
cl:054 indicates it is gained at lvl 54
m01:000057 indicates a max lvl target of 57

If you're playing on someone else's server, you may be running into customization issues.

I'll take a look at ^bind in-game and see what happens. Looking over the code doesn't provide any insight of issues.

EDIT: I just tested ^bind and it works as intended. Double-checked the database and the entry was there.

Compilin' Dirty

Last edited by Uleat; 01-26-2017 at 08:54 PM..
Old 01-27-2017, 04:19 AM
Proxeeus
Fire Beetle

Thank you for your feedback !

I'm playing on my own server, but I'm using a custom-ish (à la P99) spellfile, whose content has been integrated into the spell tables in my database, so yeah, the issue probably comes from that !

No biggie I guess, worst case scenario I can alter the bot commands a bit to fit in with that customization
Old 01-27-2017, 03:59 PM
Uleat
Developer

The spells for bot commands are parsed from the in-memory array of spells, loaded when a zone starts.

So long as your shared memory files are up-to-date, then it should be grabbing what's available to the player.

I'd still need to refresh myself a little more with the parsing/casting systems..but, if you need a hand figuring stuff out, let me know.

Compilin' Dirty