Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-12-2024, 02:46 AM
Xamven
Fire Beetle

Default Fresh Windows 'Basic' Install - No errors in Spire, but fails to start / go-green

As title suggest, have done 2 installs using the latest windows auto-installer, no errors during install, and Spire shows the pre-start checks as all green with no errors, and I can login manually to the DB no probs, but it just fails to actually start when you hit 'start server' after the health checks.

As a side note, I downloaded what I thought was the same installer last week, it worked fine (on my laptop) but there was no bundled spire, and the t_start_server_with_login script worked just fine.. and I also just did a docker install on a CentOS box, and spire was fine there.. so I'm a bit confused why this one is failing and different to last week.

Apologies for the rambling.

This box that's failing a 'local' windows install is:

Windows 11
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700KF CPU @ 3.60GHz (3.6 Ghz)
64 GB RAM
SSD's

Can we use the manual t-start-with-login scripts anymore? Happy to do this manually.

Also just wondering what performance folks are getting.
As soon as I fire up 12 toons on either the docker install or one running from a laptop using the below specs, running around with MQ2 (even with framelimiter set to 10 frames for bg processes) its really sluggish.
13th Gen Intel Core™ i7-13700H Processor
32GB LPDDR5x RAM
1 TB SSD

I recall on live running 30 toons on this very same box with no issues.. so was hoping to get somewhere similiar or better because its local.

Please set me straight if I'm just straight up dreaming around performance on EQEMU.. or any hints .. only thing I'm doing different is no isboxer in the middle.

As a side note -> I tried setting eqclient.ini the CPU affinity to -1 for all cores, and also turned off all sound, and spell effects, and also any advanced models..

Either way, appreciate all the outstanding work going into this project.. great to be able to run around again!
Old 01-23-2024, 03:13 PM
krellar
Fire Beetle

Default Same problem

I also just installed the latest server version.
All installs good but it shows everything offline

Windows 10 VM
4Core
8GB memory

Is there Troubleshooting Techniques we can follow?
Old 01-25-2024, 01:30 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xamven View Post
As title suggest, have done 2 installs using the latest windows auto-installer, no errors during install, and Spire shows the pre-start checks as all green with no errors, and I can login manually to the DB no probs, but it just fails to actually start when you hit 'start server' after the health checks.

As a side note, I downloaded what I thought was the same installer last week, it worked fine (on my laptop) but there was no bundled spire, and the t_start_server_with_login script worked just fine.. and I also just did a docker install on a CentOS box, and spire was fine there.. so I'm a bit confused why this one is failing and different to last week.

Apologies for the rambling.

This box that's failing a 'local' windows install is:

Windows 11
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700KF CPU @ 3.60GHz (3.6 Ghz)
64 GB RAM
SSD's

Can we use the manual t-start-with-login scripts anymore? Happy to do this manually.

Also just wondering what performance folks are getting.
As soon as I fire up 12 toons on either the docker install or one running from a laptop using the below specs, running around with MQ2 (even with framelimiter set to 10 frames for bg processes) its really sluggish.
13th Gen Intel Core™ i7-13700H Processor
32GB LPDDR5x RAM
1 TB SSD

I recall on live running 30 toons on this very same box with no issues.. so was hoping to get somewhere similiar or better because its local.

Please set me straight if I'm just straight up dreaming around performance on EQEMU.. or any hints .. only thing I'm doing different is no isboxer in the middle.

As a side note -> I tried setting eqclient.ini the CPU affinity to -1 for all cores, and also turned off all sound, and spell effects, and also any advanced models..

Either way, appreciate all the outstanding work going into this project.. great to be able to run around again!

If you use Docker for Desktop on Windows using the native Windows experience - it's going to be terribly slow. This is a Docker issue on Windows. If you use akk-stack using WSL2 you won't have issues.

Performance should be just fine on a normal Windows install.

Just ran the installer and everything was just fine

Also - these forums are rarely used anymore. More regular support happens on Discord
Old 01-25-2024, 01:33 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by krellar View Post
I also just installed the latest server version.
All installs good but it shows everything offline

Windows 10 VM
4Core
8GB memory

Is there Troubleshooting Techniques we can follow?
This was troubleshot in a Discord thread - Krellar was missing Microsoft VC runtimes. This was also added to the installer https://github.com/Akkadius/spire/commit/b0a8989
Old 02-10-2024, 11:47 AM
StileDude
Fire Beetle

Default Also can't get Spire to start properly

I'm having a similar issue. Spire worked great for over a month and then suddenly stopped. I'm using the local version and it never even starts the browser at this point. I'd be happy to fight the battle and investigate in Discord, but I can't seem to get access - says invite only.

If it's possible, I'd love to have access to the Spire area in Discord. I promise not to be obnoxious.
Old 02-12-2024, 05:10 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

The invite link works https://discord.gg/QHsm7CD

You need to react to the emojis in #welcome to gain access to other areas of the Discord
Old 02-17-2024, 01:59 PM
layna8
Fire Beetle

A fresh Windows 'Basic' install encountering Spire startup issues may be due to various factors. Ensure all system requirements are met, update graphics drivers, and verify software compatibility. Check event logs for specific error details, and consider reaching out to Spire support or community forums for targeted assistance in resolving the launch failure.