Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:57 PM
johnblack100
Fire Beetle

Default EQ for Macs

Hi guys, just wandering if eqemu was compatible with Mac OS X version?
I have installed Mac OS X operating system and now going to download EQ for Mac and was wandering if it was compatilble with EQEmu.

Any comments appreciated

regards
John Black
Old 07-15-2008, 12:01 AM
MNWatchdog
Hill Giant

Directly, Im guessing unless there a Titanium version exactly like the PC version for the Mac, youre not going to have much luck.

BUT, you might be able to emulate a PC and run it that way.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:32 AM
trevius
Developer

You can't get a legal copy of Titanium from any downloads anyway, and illegal copies mostly don't work and are definitely not supported here. I suggest you look at the retail copies and see if they are Mac compatible and buy one if so.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:26 AM
klamath
Sarnak

I think MAC stopped at planes of power. so you won't be able to buy titanium for it.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:06 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

You can't (easily) run the EQEmu server on Mac OS X. Though since they started using Intel processors it is possible at least if you have a bit of coding knowledge and time.

As for the Titanium client, you can use Crossover to get it to run, provided you have an Intel processor follow the tutorial here:

http://www.projecteq.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4947

Of course, you could always dual boot Windows and Mac OS and run EQ natively on the Windows partition, but using Crossover is easier and less intrusive.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:57 PM
johnblack100
Fire Beetle

Cavedude that is great stuff, and everyone thanks for the info. I will give the crossover a try.
Also I did find this link to eq for mac operating system which has a digital download from Sony which is for free.

https://store.station.sony.com/digit...-SW0605-EQMACD

I shall be experimenting over the next couple of days. If I find a good solution I will post the details

Cheers.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:26 AM
TheLieka
Developer

EQ for Mac is a separate game, with a separate client. That means that our servers are not set up to handle that client (OpCodes, features, etc). It could be set up, but it would likely require a separate community (eqmacemulator.net anyone?) to dig through and build it. Nothing is impossible, but I doubt that the necessary talent pool is going to be inclined to coordinate an effort like that.

I played EQ for Mac briefly before coming back to EQEmu (trying to recapture the old EQ memories), and would be game for working on a project to convert the server to work with the EQMac client, but I'm hardly qualified to do much on that front.

Dax

Former ServerOp - Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)