Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Misc > Archive::Off Topic

Archive::Off Topic Archive area for Off Topic's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 09-23-2004, 07:05 AM
Sephian5535
Fire Beetle

Default posting etiquette

I remember when I was new to message boards, and did my first few posts. As someone completely new, I remember there were general things about posting that apply to message boards that I didn't know of...just purely because of my "newbness." I learned general posting etiquette/manners through trial and error pretty much, or learning through mistakes....that got me kicked out of maybe 2 or 3 message board forums.

Fortunately for those of you whom are new to forums or message boards, there is now a flash movie called "posting and you..." and while it was obviously meant for a message board forum on another website, it does cover some general things, quite a few of those things apply to this message board and most of the other forums I visit. I've no idea as to whether or not the "search" mentioned in this applies to this forum or not (I've lost track of how many message board forum places I'm a member of, so it's difficult for me to remember what forums have what).

anyway, onto the movie, here it is for all new people to see:
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php
Old 09-23-2004, 08:14 AM
govtcheeze
Hill Giant

Quote:
I've no idea as to whether or not the "search" mentioned in this applies to this forum or not
rofl...

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17095

Developer of the original (circa 2004):
Loots v2.0, bitch!
Faction v1.0, bitch!
Magelo-like clone v0.3, bitch!
Zone geometry and spawn/path viewer, bitch!
Old 09-23-2004, 08:19 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

See whats already in my sig..
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:37 AM
Sephian5535
Fire Beetle

Default hmm...

Wasn't aware that movie had already been posted here before.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:05 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

yup. couple times. =p