Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:18 PM
mudman1
Sarnak

Default back with a dual xeon server. - questions

Hi All,

Its been forever. I used to run a God server where you are basically a admin gm. My questions is what has changed in last say 6 years since been away. Does the extra cores help at all for a server?

Also what has changed in the great world of EQEmu? Do boats work? How is pathing what % of mobs approximately are working? How about quests what % approx of quests are in the PEQ or XXX database?

Lastly how is turn out is EQE still rocking?

Thanks Mudman
Old 03-22-2015, 08:35 PM
ghanja
Dragon

1. It's not that CPU intensive.
2. Best to refer to the changelog -- https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob.../changelog.txt
3. Client support, lua implementation, etc. again refer to changelog
4. Pathing has gotten better from even two years ago, with better bestz computation and new(er) path/maps released
5. Difficult to say because I havent played live in a very long time, you should just grab the repack (or compile your own) and find out tbh.
6. P99 seems to be experiencing all time highs, though server population is on home page.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:24 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Tuning_...mance&frm=Main

EQEmu has always been able to run on a toaster, but now more than ever the server runs lean, mean and efficient as hell.

Refer to Wiki for things like this, search in the Wiki is powerful.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:01 AM
vsab
Discordant

Quote:
How about quests what % approx of quests are in the PEQ or XXX database?
PEQ is pretty much 100% up to the end of the GoD expansion. There'll be a few holes, I'm sure, but then there are allegedly 100's of undiscovered/unsolved quests in EQ anyway.