Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:51 PM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

Default Kimuras Affliction

Server been up for awhile then just suddenly cant connect. Now the server is offline. During gameplay time had never seen a GM and no website was ever announced for it. Just wondering if the GM happens to see this or if anyone else has any info on server. Would really like to see it come back.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:19 AM
barista1987
Fire Beetle

Thats a usual occurrence around here. I would suggest finding a newer server and occasionally checking back for it.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:06 AM
Wilbane
Fire Beetle

I noticed Kimura's Affliction has not reappeared. If the host checks this forum please contact me. I'd be interested in picking up the server and hosting it if you don't intend to bring it back up. You can reach me at jgt.home @ yahoo dot com.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:55 AM
Yeormom
Discordant

So I have to ask: what was special about this one?
Old 07-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Wilbane
Fire Beetle

Random stats or what I like to call the Easter Egg effect. You never knew when or where you'd find a killer item with ramdon boosted stats. It made it fun to explore rather than camp on the chance you'd find something good.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:50 PM
Yeormom
Discordant

I have hot zones where items and stats become random for a certain time period but its not quite the same effect since it is zone specific and involves player vs player combat. There are also other servers doing something similar because I have seen many postings indicating such, in the event you seek such in the future.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:27 AM
kimura0715
Fire Beetle

i apologize for the server being down, for some reason nobody can connect to it anymore....i havent changed anything...it was up running non-stop for a while and then one day it disconnected from the login server and now when i start it up it has sat running for up to 24 hours without one person logging on...so, i am not sure what the problem is....anybody that has had this problem let me know of a suggestion

thanks
Old 07-24-2009, 03:05 PM
Wilbane
Fire Beetle

I've seen your server in the logon list but clicking on it casues a long pause (a minute or so) and then I'm booted to the logon page.

I'm assuming you've check the usual suspects; firewall (patches will often reactivate it and if you don't see logon attempts then we're not reaching you from the outside) and read your log files looking for anything suspicios.

If you find anythign odd there is a great community here that can help figure it out, they've been great about answering my questions.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:10 PM
xinu
Sarnak

If your server is behind a router make sure the following ports are being forwarded to it assuming you haven't changed any of the default settings.

World: 9000
Zones: 7000-7100

As Wilbane pointed out not sure what system your running it on but be sure to check the firewall on the computer itself if it has one.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:42 PM
Kilralpine
Sarnak

Might want to possibly check and see if your IP behind the router has changed... could just be that the IP address your router is looking for (for the port forwards) has rotated...