Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:51 AM
jellyini
Fire Beetle

Suddenly it's all become clear...

It's all a conspiracy, see? CD gets all his honey-do list by 'overheating' the servers. I mean so far he's had an offer to wash his car and fix his A/C. I think he's waiting til some one offers to paint his house.

It's beautiful in it's simplicity. Get a bunch of junkies hooked and pull the "fix." They'll do ANYTHING for you.

J
Old 04-25-2009, 01:10 PM
Ceazar69
Fire Beetle

I really dont mean to be rude , but is there another server like this one i can "GET MY FIX'..<shakes uncontrolably> until they get it fixed?.. I really dont like the <feed me with a silver spoon> or <Not EQ anymore> servers.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:16 PM
Ikeren
Hill Giant

I think there are several servers that run PEQ databases. I know for a fact The Realm runs a PEQ database with bots enabled (you have to pay for them...100plat plus some tradeskills for the first). It's not PEQ (since you can run a full raid yourself, and lots of us can't 12-18-24 box), but it is fun and on a PEQ database.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:58 PM
Locco1
Fire Beetle

It is a little annoying to say the least lol. Before we had LS issues which for the most part are working decently now, then we had lag issues, new hardware has basically ended this all together, and now it is where our hardware is stored that is having issues lol.

We just can't cut a break it seems. I would be willing to donate to move it to a better server location but I doubt we could just up and move our new hardware as server hosts would prob make us rent theirs negating ours.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:27 PM
steveprutz
Fire Beetle

Heh. I finally get to a spot with decent internet, and my server is down!

Oh well, I'll be patient. I'll try to throw a donation in that direction, in the meantime.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:05 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveprutz View Post
Heh. I finally get to a spot with decent internet, and my server is down!

Oh well, I'll be patient. I'll try to throw a donation in that direction, in the meantime.
donation won't help the data center's heating problems, this isn't the first time the data center had heating problems, last time was in December and it was down for like 3 weeks, but there was other shit going on too :P at least FNW is in the IRC channel, hopefully he's back from whatever and he can work on telling us what the exact problem is and ETA until fix
Old 04-26-2009, 07:01 AM
lorun
Fire Beetle

if needed, i can host a server 100mb up and down ... on the distribution you want linux, windows (need a licence), that could be temporary, and let you the time to get your server back ...
Send me a pm if interested.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:37 AM
jmetsrule
Fire Beetle

Man, I was just getting some momentum too with my toons. I hope everything works out.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:54 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

FNW (hopefully) has convinced somebody at the ISP to take a look at us and get us back up and running. If not, then the earliest we'll be able to do anything is next weekend, when FNW returns from his current business trip.

The offers to host are very generous, but I think we'll stay where we are. Besides, all the character data is on PEQ which I don't have access to, atm
Old 04-26-2009, 01:14 PM
myazmj
Fire Beetle

there are lots of places out there that will do dedicated server hosting with the same stats peq runs & bandwidth from a few TB's to unlimited for 100-200$ a month... could just do a donation push like once a year to cover the lease of the gear... best part is the host becomes responsible for keeping the server online instead of peq.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:52 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by myazmj View Post
there are lots of places out there that will do dedicated server hosting with the same stats peq runs & bandwidth from a few TB's to unlimited for 100-200$ a month... could just do a donation push like once a year to cover the lease of the gear... best part is the host becomes responsible for keeping the server online instead of peq.
Once the data center works out the heating problems (if that is it) then we will have that, for free
Old 04-26-2009, 02:24 PM
myazmj
Fire Beetle

yea, so far seems the dc its in is not up to the task... professionally run DC's that guarentee uptime have to get things like AC's fixed in hours instead of days/weeks. but you get what ya pay for... this case being free so not much lol.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:44 PM
KingMort
Banned

Quote:
I think there are several servers that run PEQ databases.
Try ALL Servers...

Every server in Eqemu is some version of the PEQ Database other than Raid Addicts..

And don't worry guys that server is nearly as old as mine , so for SURE they will return... Us old school folks are here to stay..

King Mortenson
Owner - www.raidaddicts.org
Old 04-26-2009, 02:51 PM
Aergad
Banned

I gotta say ive never heard of a professional DC having these kinds of issues with heating, perhaps its time to think of moving peq to something more reliable? seems every couple of months this happens
Old 04-26-2009, 06:04 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aergad View Post
I gotta say ive never heard of a professional DC having these kinds of issues with heating, perhaps its time to think of moving peq to something more reliable? seems every couple of months this happens
Ever since they moved us to a new building, we've had problems. But, the thing is we have access to unlimited uncapped 100mpbs bandwidth using our own Dual Quad Core Xeon box for free. You can't beat that.