Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:49 AM
jellyini
Fire Beetle

Default New computer on the way

Just got a pretty good deal: P4 3.06GHz (444Hz FSB), 1GB DDR, 80GB SATA HDD w/ KBD & mouse, and a 17" NEC LCD for 150 buckaroos altogether.

Fuck yeah, 2 boxing!

J
Old 04-29-2009, 03:52 AM
Aergad
Banned

id sell it and your current one and get a quad core if it was me lol
Old 04-29-2009, 10:49 AM
jellyini
Fire Beetle

You're probably right, about the quad. I'm just not ready for the 21st century yet.

but I bet my roomie would hate me forever for selling his (this one) and my old lappy is s-l-o-w-l-y dying (Celeron 750MHz, 256MB, 10GB HDD = OLD) and the screen is all cracked to shit. I got given it when the previous owner couldn't fix the keyboard, the connector inside was loose.

This new one is going in the RV to travel with me, it'll run off my true-sine inverter (hand-built, btw) and my solar bank. All told I'm looking at more kw/h, but I'll probably just pick up another 50w solar panel.

But the best part is the price...150 bucks shipping included (the box itself was 70), at that rate I'm thinking of buying two or three more and doing a cluster in a buddies garage, just to do it, maybe hook up some friends with deals afterwards.

J

"And don't they wear the bulliest clothes! Oh no! All gold and silver and di'monds," said Joe, with enthusiasm.
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer