Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::News

Archive::News Archive area for New's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 07-29-2004, 08:01 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Politically protesting the reasons behind sending troops to war is NOT the same as not supporting your troops! Don't EVER try to lump the two together, it sets a VERY DANGEROUS precedent!

And the quote at http://www.luclin.org pretty much sums up why I say dangerous precedent.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:55 AM
soulshank
Fire Beetle

your probably right but i still wouldent trust either of them
as far as i could throw a hill giant :twisted:

p.s that link is sad but so very true...
Old 07-29-2004, 03:52 PM
Magicpie02
Fire Beetle

Default Draft thing is never going to be voted.

Face it the draft will never be voted in again. Saying the draft will be voted in is a bunch of anti war, hippy, bush bashing propoganda. Basically saying there will be a draft is a way of brainwashing the nation into thinking we had better get the **** out of this war .
There are several reasons why it will not get voted in.
1. They would respectibley repell the voters away from the party voted for the draft the democratic and republican party would not be that stupid.
2. Its not neccesary, the recruitment system we have now is just promise collage funds and you will get poorer famllies or families that can pay for it but it would throw them into debt.
3. The constituationality and if it is just of it would be brought into question. one would argue then that they are essentilay preventing them from getting better paying jobs, putting their lifes at risk to them completly unwillingly.
4. Lets face it a good ammount of people in poltics are going for a good cause but end up becoming a zealot. Basically the anti war movement is rather blind in the detirmaitnion against war. They are against premptive wars like Iraqi. Iraq was a premptive war. I believe Iraq was neccessary. I mean Sadaam was the reincarnate of Hitler. He used chemical and biological weapons not just against Iran but against his own people! That kind of behavior was used by Hitler. Sadamm also had quite a mass graves in his country. The US ended up searching for WMs and finding mass graves. We may have prevented even more world wide deaths from a WWIII!

Heh just can't resist a political debate.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:22 AM
Melwin
Fire Beetle

Default Re: Draft thing is never going to be voted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicpie02
4. Lets face it a good ammount of people in poltics are going for a good cause but end up becoming a zealot. Basically the anti war movement is rather blind in the detirmaitnion against war. They are against premptive wars like Iraqi. Iraq was a premptive war. I believe Iraq was neccessary. I mean Sadaam was the reincarnate of Hitler. He used chemical and biological weapons not just against Iran but against his own people! That kind of behavior was used by Hitler. Sadamm also had quite a mass graves in his country. The US ended up searching for WMs and finding mass graves. We may have prevented even more world wide deaths from a WWIII!

Heh just can't resist a political debate.
I invoke Godwin's law.

The thread is over.