Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::News

Archive::News Archive area for New's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 05-20-2004, 03:37 AM
gandar
Sarnak

Swampdog, following the instructions and having a separate directory for the EQEmu would be too simple.

Read the hundreds of posts of : "Oops, I patched, now what?" and "Oops, I patched, when will you fix it?" etc...

I am NOT saying people are stupid, but I am saying that for whatever reason, the majority do not listen to instructions.

RTFM and all that...

I think in most of the tutorials about "How to play on EQEmu" backing up the EQ directory and changing the shortcut (or using EQW) is like step 1 and 2. :P

Ah, well, these constantly recurring issues are what give us something to respond to anyway...

~Gandar
Old 05-20-2004, 09:27 AM
Smendle
Fire Beetle

Default Fot those that do not know

With the exception of DirectX you dont really need to 'install' just copy the files from a working directory to another and you have EQ working.

I cant remember the amount of times I reformatted a box and just copied EQ files over to get a box up and running (eq wise) quick and easy.......

Comeon people its not that hard
Old 05-20-2004, 10:34 AM
Shadow-Wolf
Dragon

lol I patched even before khuong posted the notice, im screwed but oh well I havn't been doing much since i got my account back.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:55 AM
Theone45128
Fire Beetle

Default Hmm quick question

Alright, I believe that I have the patch right before the may 12th one, is there any way I could get just the may 12th updates without the new patch that breaks emu? If anyone knows, would love if there's a way to do this.

Oh, and to fix yer EQ if you patched...just do a system restore...that's what I did
Old 05-20-2004, 01:07 PM
Charmy
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampdog
Or you could just run a separate install specifically for eqemu as suggested in the docs and not patch that install until instructed to do so...

Kinda late getting this post in, would havel looked better right after swapdogs but my message was...

Is there an echo in here?
Any Other Questions, please refer to the Following:
http://iliilllli1.netfirms.com
Old 05-20-2004, 08:00 PM
Sladdaya
Fire Beetle

Default oh God djsflkjasdlifupoia

Stupid son of a monkey rapist bastard! I patched so I'd be able to play on 5.7 DR-3 and then I come to EQEmu to get the eqhost.txt file and see this post, guess I'll have to turn over creation of my server this isn't cool! STUPID SOE!!!
Old 05-21-2004, 04:22 AM
Swampdog
Hill Giant

Default Re: oh God djsflkjasdlifupoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sladdaya
Stupid son of a monkey rapist bastard! I patched so I'd be able to play on 5.7 DR-3 and then I come to EQEmu to get the eqhost.txt file and see this post, guess I'll have to turn over creation of my server this isn't cool! STUPID SOE!!!
heheh.. Lesson to anyone creating their own server, make backups of your files or have an eqinstall that works with your server that ya don't patch (and if you ever patch it, see the first point, make a backup... heh)

Sorry Sladdya... Hopefully the eqemu devs will figure out a way to authenticate with the new way the client is connecting soon.
Old 05-21-2004, 04:45 AM
sneakypete
Fire Beetle

i dont understand why you all seem to have a different eqhost - mine is the same its always been, and ive patched recently.

the only thing i can think of is im an ubi customer ( god save me ) ...

?
Old 05-21-2004, 07:35 AM
Sladdaya
Fire Beetle

Default about the backup...

My comp is a lil bit too old to have 2 copies of EQ...I had a backup at one points, and could barely log in due to the lag...my comp was FULL...Anyone willing to donate to an Upgrade the Gnome fund? hehehe
Old 05-21-2004, 12:42 PM
Swampdog
Hill Giant

Default Re: about the backup...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sladdaya
My comp is a lil bit too old to have 2 copies of EQ...I had a backup at one points, and could barely log in due to the lag...my comp was FULL...Anyone willing to donate to an Upgrade the Gnome fund? hehehe
Wish I could Sladdaya, but unemployment has me begging friends for a replacement stick of ram for the 256mb one that went bad on me.. lol.. Trying to play eq with 256mb kinda bites..

As for backups, at the very least backup the eqgame.exe and eqmain.dll files.. Those seem to be the ones that screw up connectivity.. Not sure if there are others too, I think I read it in one of the posts somewhere all the files you should back up but can't recall where.. Kinda brushed past it since I run my eqemu client in a different place and backup the dir before patching anyways...
Old 05-21-2004, 03:11 PM
animepimp
Dragon

The only files you ever have to back up for each patch are the exes and dlls, it will work fine with the correct version of those even if you have other newer files.
Old 05-22-2004, 02:11 AM
eyo5201
Fire Beetle

I just got into EQMu, and I haven't played EQ for a few months.. is there any way to patch up to May 12th only, and not go past? Or am I stuck until this is fixed?
Old 05-22-2004, 03:17 AM
animepimp
Dragon

Your jsut stuck unless you have a friend that patched in that time willing to send you the files.
Old 05-22-2004, 04:25 AM
ndnet
Hill Giant

Being stuck, unable to play the Emu, is an excellent opportunity for one to go perusing the tutorials and help forums in order to familiarize one's self with the various problems that might occur once the emu works with the live client, again, instead of posting even more threads for help ^.^
Old 05-22-2004, 05:07 AM
Richardo
Banned

I have 3 questions!

1.) Why can't I log on?
2.) How do I un-patch so I can have l33t eqemu?
3.) When will this be fixed?

If I dont get the 3 questions answered immediately within the next hour, im committing sephocu, the honorable suicide that the samurias practice.

My Watch is ticking, I dont have all day.. kkthxz