Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:10 AM
soulbreaker360
Fire Beetle

Default Best Server?

Hi all,
I was just remembering all the good times with eq when I went on a hunt for a private server....
all I could find was this website...
I was just wondering what is a good server out there that has a good amount of players and is pretty close to the real game?
I looked at the server list but I read a post that says there are way more servers then on that list....
so can anyone recommend anything (links please) as I am new to this.

thanks!
Old 08-11-2008, 01:02 AM
trevius
Developer

The server list is your best bet. The only servers that aren't on that list are private server and a couple of other ones that prefer not to use the Login Server for whatever reason (Shards of Delayla being the most popular one).

Try this post for some reviews:
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24875

If you want it to be as close to live as possible, you probably want PEQ. But, any of the servers with more than 10 or so players on them are all probably fun servers. If you have never tried a custom server, you might want to try one out, cause they are pretty fun and addictive
Old 08-11-2008, 09:25 AM
soulbreaker360
Fire Beetle

how is Shards of Delayla? how far from the original game is it?
also I know this is off topic but are there private servers like this for everquest 2?
Old 08-11-2008, 11:22 AM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Personaly I don't like that server, but there are many who do! My problem with servers like that are how different they are from live... I play EQEmu because of my love for Everquest, not what can be changed from Everquest. They have a lot of unique content and have even renamed all of the zones, so yeah it's a lot different. They have a patcher that makes it easy to start out on though.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:19 PM
trevius
Developer

SoD is very different from normal EQ. I think they have a decent sized player based, but they keep themselves fairly separated from this project. I know little about the server even though I did try playing on it a little. You should have no trouble finding their website and reading up on them if you just do a google search. But, if you plan to play there, you might want to make a copy of your EQ directory first. Otherwise, their patcher will make it impossible for you to play on any of the normal EQEmu servers.

There are quite a few custom servers on the public server list, and I would recommend you maybe try them first. Most of them have websites for their servers, so you can read up ahead of time and see which one sounds the best to you.

And yes, there is a project in the works for EQ2Emu, but I think they still have a ways to go before they have a fairly finished product. But, if you have the correct version of EQ2, I think you can play on their beta server.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:18 PM
soulbreaker360
Fire Beetle

so is the eqemu server the most populous almost live experience server? about how many people are on it?

also is eq2emu the only eq2 private server project going on?

thanks for helping me out so far guys
Old 08-11-2008, 07:43 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulbreaker360 View Post
so is the eqemu server the most populous almost live experience server? about how many people are on it?

also is eq2emu the only eq2 private server project going on?

thanks for helping me out so far guys
There are many servers all tied to the same login server, some of those servers have as many as 200 people on at once. This community is the front line of Everquest server emulation. Anywhere else you're only going to find variations of the work done here, and I take great comfort in that fact
Old 08-12-2008, 12:32 AM
soulbreaker360
Fire Beetle

so eq2emu is the only eq2 private server movement going on?

Also can you guys tell me top three( population wise) servers for the closest eq experience?
Old 08-12-2008, 12:40 AM
trevius
Developer

If you want the closest EQLive experience, then you no doubt want The Grand Creation (PEQ).

And yes, as far as I know, EQ2Emu is the only currently active EQ2 emulator project. A question like that would be better off asked in their forums. This is EQEmu, and we are not associated with EQ2 or EQ2Emu in any way.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:29 AM
soulbreaker360
Fire Beetle

how come the serverlist button on the front of the eq2emu website does not work?

also are there any servers that update the graphics of the character models?
Old 08-12-2008, 10:39 AM
Sims
Sarnak

Eq2emu is a completely different project and not related to this project, so why things arnt working should be addressed on their site.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:38 PM
soulbreaker360
Fire Beetle

sorry I meant this site....the server list for eqemu doesnt work I get some kind of server error when I click on it...whats up?
Old 08-12-2008, 09:17 PM
trevius
Developer

I think it was disabled a long time ago and the button was just never removed.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:15 PM
onuris
Fire Beetle

Probably the best server is Zeb Server.

Check it out http://zebserver.com/
Old 08-16-2008, 08:14 AM
knowom
Discordant

I think Shards of Dalaya rocks personally it is quite a bit different than the original EQ, but I find it to be in good taste overall and the community is really good overall much better than most mmorpg communities I've encountered. Read there rules/info section and if it sounds appealing give it a try. The server usually has around 100-400 players/accounts online at a time and your allowed to play 2 accounts at a time just note if you try playing 3 accounts simultaneously you'll be banned. There's also a server called EQ Classic and Project EQ or something like that which might be worth checking out if you want something that replicates the old EQ servers up to around veeshan expansion releases

http://www.shardsofdalaya.com/