Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-30-2019, 02:07 PM
rabbet330
Sarnak

Default Where did the default XP modifiers come from?

On the PEQ DB, Character:ExpMultiplier is currently set at 0.65, and the default is 0.5. Just curious, where did these values come from? Are they designed to reflect various epochs of Live, or are they from specific expansions?

I do prefer them to the smaller public servers, which are era-accurate and much stingier. For example, on P99 a noob kill gets you about 7.5% of the way towards level 2, which in my experiments corresponds to a multiplier of roughly 0.27. I know some people prefer it that way, but I like things a little faster.
Old 06-30-2019, 04:39 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbet330 View Post
On the PEQ DB, Character:ExpMultiplier is currently set at 0.65, and the default is 0.5. Just curious, where did these values come from? Are they designed to reflect various epochs of Live, or are they from specific expansions?
I can't claim to speak with 100% accuracy on this, but quite frequently, people are reminded that the whole EQEmu project, (including database) is developed to mirror current EQ Live content, (up to OoW so far), as close as possible. I haven't been on live to test and compare the experience rates, but I would assume the base of it comes from there ? But a project developer would have to clarify that assumption anyways.
Old 07-13-2019, 10:45 AM
rabbet330
Sarnak

Thanks. I did some more digging and the change log has some clues - on 3/7/2009 there is a note saying the XP gain has been overhauled, and there is an "optional" SQL to set the multiplier to 0.5. My guess is, either at this point or during the expansion they were emulating (Faydwer), the 0.65 multiplier was the best approximation to Live, and perhaps 0.5 was standard for a while before then. Definitely in the earliest eras it was closer to 0.3.

EDIT: Nope, that was the addition of AA/group/raid multipliers. So the mystery continues.
Old 07-13-2019, 12:11 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

To quote myself:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
I haven't been on live to test and compare the experience rates
Not sure if you poked around on the github wiki, lots of reference lists there, including experience, (from level 1 to 100).
https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/wiki...ience-by-Level