Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-11-2016, 10:10 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Added druid sections (Offense and Healing).

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 06-24-2016, 12:36 AM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

General update, I tossed up an entirely new site. http://rebuildeq.com

Hopefully will convey the server clearer, and have been doing a ton of changes. I have also done a few live streams on twitch here - https://www.twitch.tv/xackery

And random video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7qDqUbQpuo

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com

Last edited by Shin Noir; 06-24-2016 at 02:17 AM..
Old 06-24-2016, 03:09 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

That laugh just freaking kills me. I'm making it my ring tone.
Old 07-02-2016, 12:16 PM
HMG10
Fire Beetle

I wanted to give this some props, I started it recently and it looks to be a fun and unique experience unlike what I have tried before. I look forward to seeing how this progresses. I would suggest there be a link to this forum post on the main server wiki webpage at least until all of this information/ideas get Incorporated there.
Old 07-05-2016, 12:49 AM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Something we recently introduced is a #dps command.

You can get a report of just your DPS, or DPS of all contributors to a mob. You also can target self and #dps to see what sort of damage you have been taking.
There's also a mechanic where you can #toggle selfdps and #toggle fulldps to automatically display this info after each kill you were part of.

I keep a changelog up to date here http://rebuildeq.com/changelog/ if you're curious what is going on.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com

Last edited by Shin Noir; 07-05-2016 at 12:56 AM..
Old 09-23-2016, 10:15 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

As a general necro post just wanted to note this server is going along, we have a locked status membership of testers, we added the final Preserver section for druids - http://rebuildeq.com/builds/druid

We also added Bandit line for Rogues - http://rebuildeq.com/builds/rogue

IF you want t join, click the sig and check out the fancy website.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 10-02-2016, 07:24 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Today, we added a Feat system. #feats are accessed in game and extend game play beyond 60, due to the EXP beyond 60 going into a pool to fill Bottles of Experience.

What is neat about this system is that you may help your friends with it due to the item requirements being trade able. (Yep, AA's reagents can be traded, including one representing the EXP).

They also have no level requirement. They're expensive, and a bit tedious, to keep you busy.

Since Rebuild is focused on making a more casual game, the more grindy friends can help out the more casual by helping them with the farms.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 10-03-2016, 10:39 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

I love you Shin.

Now add wizards so I can play.

Old 10-05-2016, 07:51 AM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Noir View Post
Something we recently introduced is a #dps command.

You can get a report of just your DPS, or DPS of all contributors to a mob. You also can target self and #dps to see what sort of damage you have been taking.
There's also a mechanic where you can #toggle selfdps and #toggle fulldps to automatically display this info after each kill you were part of.

I keep a changelog up to date here http://rebuildeq.com/changelog/ if you're curious what is going on.
Very cool. Are you going to open source any of your work?
Old 10-05-2016, 12:45 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NostalgiaEQ View Post
Very cool. Are you going to open source any of your work?
I've open sourced some of my code in the past. My general issue is that my code is extremely custom, so it can be tough to genericize it for the masses, and they're specialized anyways, so not sure the reception will be for certain features until people speak out like you did.

The DPS command ideally would get more work done it before I am comfortable for mass release. I do occasional patches to it.

And it's pretty custom, not sure a PR to master branch makes sense.

But if you're ever interested in a feature just lemme know. Unless its' a huge PITA to share, I'm happy to give to others.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 10-05-2016, 01:18 PM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Noir View Post
I've open sourced some of my code in the past. My general issue is that my code is extremely custom, so it can be tough to genericize it for the masses, and they're specialized anyways, so not sure the reception will be for certain features until people speak out like you did.

The DPS command ideally would get more work done it before I am comfortable for mass release. I do occasional patches to it.

And it's pretty custom, not sure a PR to master branch makes sense.

But if you're ever interested in a feature just lemme know. Unless its' a huge PITA to share, I'm happy to give to others.
Awesome man! I would really love that dps feature. There was nothing more exciting to me as a kid than playing lazer tag and getting to see everyones rankings at the end! I would definitly be willing to donate for that dps feature code .
Old 07-17-2017, 02:28 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Figured I'd update this post, been a while since I did updates.
For history/changelog at http://rebuildeq.com/changelog/

tl;dr:
We've added Magician, cleric, a unique ToV/Kael armor aug system, doing a tier-based revamp of end game, and many, many more changes.

Stuff we're working on:
* The remaining builds
* Getting source up to date with latest master. (I finished the merge, just bugtesting).
* There's a website revamp in the works with a ground up alla-like clone included.
* I'm working on Expeditions for all eqemu servers, and will be leveraging this tech on the server once it's done, too.
* I wrote a eqemu patcher, any server can use it, i'm working on incorporating it onto rebuild, and once I'm comfortable with it's performance, plan to add custom models/zones.

Lots of stuff going on, will try to post here more often so others can be aware of the happenings.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 11-01-2017, 05:03 AM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

I had been busy with work and neglected this server, however.. today i'm patching "megamerge", a patch that involves getting rebuildeq in sync with latest eqemu master.
Patch includes:

* Added Monk builds.
* Finished bishop line for clerics.
* Megamerge gets RebuildEQ's source up to date with latest eqemu master. This is over 1.5 years of commits added to the code, and it includes many changes including a full combat revamp, waypoint update fixes, among countless other major cleanups.
* Resetting #builds now costs money level 10 and above.
* Shadowknight's Mental Resistance now works.
* Zone Experience Modifies have been removed
* Monks get their AC bonus without weight concerns.
* Fix pet affinity to be available for all classes. UPDATE aa_ability SET classes = 65535 WHERE id = 250;
* Bard's Wish now extends songs by 1 tick and works.
* Bard, Monk, Cleric, Shaman, Druid, and Rogue procs now show proc chance and passively occur.
* Death Ward and Mark of Karn are no longer a cleric spells. Instead, it is part of the builds.
* Druid and Shamans no longer get Spirit of the Shrew.
* Cleric's Complete Heal was removed. The effect on Donal's Was also changed.
* #buff, #teleport, #return, and #resurrect are free until level 10.
* #buff no longer gives STR buff or clarity, and gives lesser buffs than before, druids are more viable.
* Shadowknight and Paladin's normal melee attacks are reduced by 25%.
* Rogue normal melee attacks have a curved bonus, increasing up to 100% at 50+
* Paladin's skills Wave of Marr, Ward of Tunare, Elixir of Might, and Brell's Blessing locations were moved.
* Card Distiller is now sold by Nola and works
* Did an out of era pass, any items out of era will now be flagged (out of era) but retain cards, so you can safely remove them. #issue while holding any items you believe are in error and were incorrectly flagged out of era.
* Added itemscore system. When you consider a player, you will now see an Item score percent based on the highest geared on server of any class. The highest geared player is updated every 12 hours.
* DPS was heavily revamped and likely may have errors. They are known and being addresed.
* Out of combat regen was reduced in half, as well as the dynamic increase each tick was removed. So, the formula is simply 1% per player in group. level 40+ this is reduced by another half, so 0.5% per player in group.
* Any build that relied on a chance for an effect to go off have been revamped to no longer have a chance roll. They can last 0 ticks, however, and their effectiveness likely reduced
* Many many other changes to builds, review your class fully to discover what was all changed.
* Healers now gain a passive 10% mana tap to all regular melee damage. #toggle buildecho to see the amount regenerated.
* Moved many build effects to #toggle buildecho. This can be spammy but helpful when verifying the usefulness of a skill.
* Weapon and Armor boxes chances for rares/legendaries have been reduced.
* Encounter system has been revamped to be account-wide timers. The frequency has increased, but no longer does character hopping cause new encounters to spawn, it's a universal timer.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 11-02-2017, 11:26 AM
sprinkle3
Banned

Wow meets eq?
Old 11-05-2017, 02:01 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

So, We've added monks, clerics as viable build options!

Discord has been updated to support many styles of broadcasts and in game chat/updates

We've introduced an itemscore system. When you consider a player, you see a % based on a class's top geared player on server

You can also type #itemscore to get a rundown of your gear:

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com