Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > OpenZone > Simple Client

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2010, 12:43 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Default Working on 0.8.0 compatibility

It's been a long time since I've been active in the community, but I've decided to bite the bullet and try to switch SimpleClient to the newest svn. I'm very nearly there, near enough that I feel comfortable posting about it. Here's my current status:

- 0.6.1+ netcode is working
- World server starts and SC can create characters
- My 0.5.5 DB has been largely converted to 0.8.0, including pathing (I need a little help with the guilds table, though, I'm missing some fields).
- Spells have been upgraded to Titanium format and imported to the DB using GeorgeS's tool.
- Upgraded ClearLogin so it can talk to the latest SVN.
- Upgraded SC so it has the Titanium opcodes and structures (with the exception of serialized items for the moment)

To do:

- Working on zoning in. It looks like I'm going to have to create an arena zone with ID 189 since the server seems to want to move characters to that when all else fails. I can probably throw something together tonight.

- Once I get zoning in working, I need to upgrade SC so it can understand Titanium serialized items. It looks like the server won't serialize items until it actually sends them, so I don't have anything to work with until I can zone in.

- Package up the next version of OpenZone. SimpleClient and OpenZone have been upgraded so they can support dynamic lighting with fragment shaders. This meant that I had to expand the .XWF file format, so a release of SimpleClient will have to come with a release of OpenZone. I had wanted to include support for bumpmapping, but that will have to come at some point in the future. When it does, it will involve another file format change.

Now...

Since working on SimpleClient has been so cumbersome for me, I've decided that I want to release the source code. I'm announcing this early because I know that there are concerns about cheating, so I want to give the admins a chance to say, "no, keep it private". If that's the case, though, then YOU will have to provide a private SVN where you can store it, because that's just too much for me to handle. At some point, if that doesn't materialize I'm just going to release the lot publicly, so if you want it kept private it's in your best interests to set something up. I've basically reached the point where I don't want SC to languish anymore.