Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 06-13-2015, 12:32 PM
freakydeekey
Fire Beetle

Default Custom Pets

ok so as im building my server i have noticed that the DB i got from github has NO data for anything past level 65 (Spells, PETS, ect) So i decided to modify existing spells instead of create new. the first test i made was to modify the "Aspect of Fire" spell which should summon NPC SumFireR20 (which doesnt exist in the database since its a level 83 Spell)

I modified it to be a level 1 spell. for all caster classes and to point to Npc Sum_Pet_65 (which i copied from a lower level pet that i know works)

i updated spells file for my server and client, i can see it in game, i can scribe it, but when i cast it i get

unable to find data for Sum_Pet_65 even though i can see it in my DB, and on my EOC editor...

my server was offline during my edits, i loaded it up after all changes were made. including ./shared_memory

so im stuck as to why it will not pull the NPC from my DB...anything im overlooking? 27 hours straight working on this so sorry if im rambling, just need some guidance

thanks

Last edited by freakydeekey; 06-13-2015 at 12:33 PM.. Reason: horrible spelling today sorry
Old 06-13-2015, 12:55 PM
freakydeekey
Fire Beetle

update. i tried #dbspawn with the ID of the Sum_Pet_65 and it spawned the NPC i made as my Pet, Named Sum_Pet.

so it did make the NPC in the DB, but will not associate as a pet with the spell.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:36 PM
freakydeekey
Fire Beetle

Update #2
Fixed

after taking a half hour nap i figured out that it had to be added to the Pet table as well to associate. hope this helps someone else in the future!
Old 06-22-2015, 07:53 AM
Rikon
Sarnak

Thanks for this! This would be a good addition, step-by-step, for the Wiki.