Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-14-2010, 04:51 PM
reddogut
Sarnak

Default Servers that allow Two-Boxing?

Are there any Legit or Custom/Legit servers that allow two-boxing?

-Mike
Old 05-14-2010, 04:58 PM
trevius
Developer

Most servers allow at least 2 boxing or more. Off the top of my head, the only ones that might be restricted to just 1 are P99 and maybe VZ/TZ.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:09 PM
reddogut
Sarnak

And P99 is the one I would like to play (2box) on.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:32 PM
trevius
Developer

If you are playing with someone else from your house, you should be able to make a request on the p99 forums to get your limit increased. But, if you are just wanting to 2 box by yourself, it isn't an option. Server specific stuff like that is best to discuss directly on the related server's forums, not here.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:19 PM
EQClassicRemix
Fire Beetle

Default I see a few boxers on 1999

I see people 2 boxing all the time on project 1999. They try to keep it secret but they do it. The reality is you can't trust anyone and they should take away all simultaneous connections, period. You just can't trust anyone.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:27 PM
robinreg
Sarnak

I was playing on P99 for awhile until I was accused of 2 boxing and ended up getting banned. Funny thing I was not even 2 boxing and I don't even like boxing. Not worth my time to even play there if I am gonna get falsely accused over such silly thing. EQClassic Remix is making one and releasing the DB which would be cool. Would prefer to play it on my own server and using bots.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:03 PM
nilbog
Hill Giant

Quote:
And P99 is the one I would like to play (2box) on.
Good luck with that. Are there any other servers that even limit to 1 client? Compounded with the fact your sig shows you value solo servers, I'd hazard to guess you know what you're saying.

Quote:
I see people 2 boxing all the time on project 1999. They try to keep it secret but they do it. The reality is you can't trust anyone and they should take away all simultaneous connections, period. You just can't trust anyone.
Your opinion is noted. Players get banned, and cry cry cry.. because they wasted all their time, to lose their account by violating server rules. Actually, players themselves mitigate this quite well. Fullscreen video capture utilities do well in reporting boxers. Your opinions as to how I should run my server are noted too, but this isn't the place for them. BTW, since this is opinion time, if your goal is to have a fully open source classic database, why don't you assist AX-Classic? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought this was their goal as well.

Quote:
I was playing on P99 for awhile until I was accused of 2 boxing and ended up getting banned. Funny thing I was not even 2 boxing and I don't even like boxing. Not worth my time to even play there if I am gonna get falsely accused over such silly thing. EQClassic Remix is making one and releasing the DB which would be cool. Would prefer to play it on my own server and using bots.
I would prefer for you to play on your own server with bots.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:59 PM
reddogut
Sarnak

I don't really need 'luck with that'. I have no intentions of violating anyone's server rules.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:37 PM
fredsbox
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddogut View Post
Are there any Legit or Custom/Legit servers that allow two-boxing?

-Mike
You can 71 box on fredsbox using bots if you want. Better than running 71 clients imho
Old 05-15-2010, 07:31 PM
EqTitan
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredsbox View Post
You can 71 box on fredsbox using bots if you want. Better than running 71 clients imho
Only 71 ? lame
Old 05-19-2010, 11:21 PM
EQClassicRemix
Fire Beetle

Nilbog - AX-classic is not classic everquest and never will be. They are okay with frogloks and kunark and velious. etc.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:17 PM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Nilbog I like your style. Straight up dick.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:10 AM
RichardoX
Hill Giant

*Sings, "I'm on the highway to hell!"*
Old 05-21-2010, 10:34 PM
haynar
Developer

Nilborg ... you are my hero!

/laff

Haynar
Old 06-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Wolfgame
Fire Beetle

"Nilbog! it's Goblin spelled backwards"

"Their eating her, and when their through they are going to eat me. OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!"

watch Troll 2, lol

on topic I think nilbog has the strong hand on his server that you need to keep it alive, ive seen too many servers die by wishywashy devs or admins