Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:18 AM
dew1960
Sarnak

Default The Underfoot Server

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce "The Underfoot EQ Emulator Server" or just Underfoot for short.

Server Website for more information is located at http://www.AdventureUnlimited.net

This server supports all clients up to and including Underfoot. Underfoot client is the best to use here as it is the most recent stable client and you get better AA's using it.

Some of The Server Benefits Include:

Full Bots Enabled
Free Epic 1.0 Items!
Custom Defiant Gear Vendors
Free Veteran AA's At Level One!
MacroQuest is allowed - Box all you like
Enhanced Rested Health & Mana Regeneration Rates
Reusable Steadfast Servant - Acts Like A Universal Merc
Items Stay On Character When You Die - No More Corpse Runs!

Also: Kobold Skull Charm has a gate clicky effect and the Vetran AA "Throne of Heroes" will return you to the Guild Lobby.

That is where the Custom Shopkeepers and Translocator are at as well as the Underfoot Server Greeter or just Greeter as we know and love him.

Custom content and upgrades will be added as they become available and as the Admin Team has time.

Just updated and re-complied the Server Core and PEQ Database to Rev 2142.

Forums will be installed soon and will be linked to the server website at http:www.AdventureUnlimited.net.

We have a magelo clone and an Allakazam clone which are still a bit raw right now but will develop fully in time.

One of my players asked me what the purpose of this server is and I replied with a wink and smile, " The purpose? Well, I just wanted to make a server to play the game the way I like it. I hope you will like it too!"

Most everything I have set up on the server is not extraordinary in themselves but hopefully overall, it will be fun for all players and less frustrating than some.

That is all. Have a nice day!

- GM Impossible - Wildwolf

Adventure Unlimted - Underfoot!
Old 08-15-2012, 03:10 PM
dew1960
Sarnak

* rolled back the server core to rev 2068

- the new compile broke LDoNs, messed up bots too. It did add the extended target window to the uf client but seemed to break more than it fixed. Of course it was probably something I did wrong, Just saying!

Old 08-17-2012, 01:11 AM
dew1960
Sarnak

Default Client issues?

I noticed a lot of errors from unknown clients attempting to connect. We support Titanium, SoD, SoF, and Underfoot. Nothing else will work.

If you are using one of the supported clients and cannot connect, please post a reply here with details and I will look into it.

Thank you for playing and have fun!

Old 08-17-2012, 01:16 AM
dew1960
Sarnak

-The Server is only a few days old be have lots of fixes in already. Lot of Crescent Reach quest items that were not stacking fixed.
-Fixed LoS and mobs aggro thru walls issue.
-Added more zones to the Teleporter npc in the GL.
-Added items to Defiant Gear vendors, potion vendor, and pet toys vendor!
-Added low cost mount to Epic item vendor in the GL.
-Unlocked zones with a status requirement so you can explore. Note: they are still being developed but some have content, just no loots or quests in some zones. Explore if you like.
-Added more Dynamic zones to server to support recent popularity. I actually did not expect so many players!
+ Lots more, just started tracking the fixes, LOL.

Last edited by dew1960; 08-17-2012 at 01:19 AM.. Reason: *edit for typos*
Old 08-17-2012, 04:14 PM
dew1960
Sarnak

Default Hotzones

Hotzones as of 08/17/2012

Level Zone Name

01-20 Crescent Reach
01-25 Field of Bone
01-45 Everfrost Peaks
05-25 Paludal Caverns
10-35 Mountains of Rathe
20-35 Firiona Vie
25-45 Dawnshroud Peaks
30-55 Trakanon's Teeth
35-50 Dreadlands
40-55 Dulak's Harbor
45-60 Grieg's End
55-65 Barindu, Hanging Gardens
70-75 Ruins of Illsalin
57-70 Torden, Bastion of Thunder
50-65 Western Wastes

Old 08-17-2012, 08:04 PM
jonnyx3
Fire Beetle

Hey Dew.. any reason for the rollback?

Last night I was level 15.. today when I logged in I am only level 10?!? At my level it's not the end of the world but later on this would be a game killer.

This was prior to the rollback you posted on 08-15-2012 at 02:10 PM. I am using the Underfoot client.

What gives?
Old 08-17-2012, 09:13 PM
dew1960
Sarnak

There was about a 5 hour rollback early this morning, due to an error that crashed the database. I back up several times a day to avoid serious rollbacks. AT higher levels it would take you longer to gain those levels and you would not have noticed it as much.

My apologies, but this is a new server and it may crash from time to time. I am doing all I can to make it more stable. I increased dynamic zones now to avoid "zone unavailable" happening. I actually never expected to have so many players, lol.

I am not a Dev guys, this is my first public server and I am fixing stuff that I can. I will do my best but it will never be perfect.

The good news is that I reduced aggro range globally, it was huge in some places and fixed the LoS problem where mobs go thru walls and see thru them. Also, Hotzones are in, see post above. #scribespells works now too.

Anyone is welcome to play on my server, but keep in mind I am not a dev or an expert on this. I am learning as I go.

I need to find a way to make the MySql databse back up automatically, like every hour or so. I did that once before on my WoW server I ran but now I can't recall how I did it, LOL.

Have Fun.
Wildwolf

Old 08-17-2012, 09:17 PM
dew1960
Sarnak

I am looking for some easy to install phbb? type forums for the server website. Then I will post updates there. In the mean time I will make an updates page for the http://www.AdventureUnlimited.net website. I don't want to post too much on here and maybe make an admin mad at me! This will probably be my last post about the server here.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:10 PM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

https://www.phpbb.com/
Easy as pie to install, also easy to screw it up but its simple enough if you dont rush it.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:28 PM
dew1960
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfwalkereci View Post
https://www.phpbb.com/
Easy as pie to install, also easy to screw it up but its simple enough if you dont rush it.
Thanks. Yep, I googled and came up with that a little while ago but I don't have time to install it tonight.

If there is a way to screw it up, you can bet I will find it, LOL.

For some reason, I always have to learn stuff the hard way! I guess I am wired that way. At leastI am learning from my mistakes.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:39 PM
dew1960
Sarnak

OK friends, I added a web page to the Server Website for Updates, Fixes, and things you would probably want to know.

Here is the link: http://www.adventureunlimited.net/updates.html

Please refer to that in the future or to the forums once I get them installed. I will put the link for them on the main page when the forums go up and take down this updates webpage at that time. This was a quick and easy way for me to do this for now however.