Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:38 AM
Lillu
Hill Giant

Thank you for all the hard work GeorgeS. Your tools are amazing!
Old 09-25-2009, 11:20 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Every time I need a quick fix for something Navicat does not do effectively (such as items & spells), I turn to your tools. Kudos to you, and this is great news!
Old 09-25-2009, 11:39 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

half of the custom servers would never have existed wihout george's tools. Including my own
Old 09-25-2009, 12:13 PM
Rogean
Administrator

ah, wasn't tryin to rush ya or anything george. :P

Figured he deserved a spot on the server to host all his files as he does a lot of work for this community.

cheers
Old 09-26-2009, 02:54 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Thanks for the kind words!

I've spent the evening updating the site. Take a look - it's pretty different, but cleaner

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 09-26-2009, 09:20 AM
trevius
Developer

That looks like it would be pretty clean, but it doesn't seem to be displaying quite properly for Firefox. The name of each box is a bit too far down, so it looks like it is half cut-off, since the font color blends in with the background.

I think the new setup goes better with the banner you made, btw. Also, you can probably just remove the EQEmu banner, or I can make another version of it for that particular page. It would be a quick simple chanege. All I would need to do is remove the border on it now and create a new simple one that matches the color scheme better. I wish that the word Everquest had a G in it, cause then I could easily make matching fonts that say "GeorgeS" and "Tool" to put them right into the banner at the very top. Maybe if I get bored enough, I will see if I can concoct a decent looking G from the letter Q in there lol. I think it could be done, it just might require a bit of extra hand-painting to make it look right

And yeah, thanks for all you do, GeorgeS. I really can't thank you enough lol. I use many of your tools on a daily basis and in many cases they are much more efficient than using any normal GUI or even just the command prompt.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:32 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

.. An update

I attempted to fix the firefox and older iexplorer issues. Had to Dl firefox to see what was going on. Anyway, should look more or less the way it was intented. Let me know if the links are not visible - or other issues..

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 10-11-2009, 01:15 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

GeorgeS, you are a pillar, man, someone most should look up to for your efforts with EQEmu for your years of dedication. It's great to see your tools have found a home here at the project.

I would make a suggestion to the site admins (Rogean? KLS?) implement a portal download module or something for great tools like these. They are usually fairly organized, look professional (well some do, heh) etc, and offer lots of features like batch up/down, searching, whatevs.

While I personally do not care one way or the other (cuz your page looks fine to me), just offering a suggestion. I have one for EQ2Emulator, but the template is so jacked up (see above disclaimer lol) that I am too embarassed to make it public

Good luck, and thank you again.