Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-28-2016, 04:39 PM
Uleat
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueWizard
This doesn't happen with all pieces of gear... but for example, my bot cleric, level 85, has equipped every piece of Rhodium Mercytouched except the breastplate... I assume something is going on with the clicky effect on it??
This is an example of thorough symptom reporting!

This is also fixed now, btw...

[-5 points to Uleat for derailing the thread!]

Compilin' Dirty
Old 06-30-2016, 02:00 PM
Argovian
Fire Beetle

I did Akkadius's setup, http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Akkas_P...ctions-windows And then went through the Merc configuration, http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Enablin...aries&frm=Main but when I talk to the Guardian Liason's they dont seem to open a window to hire a merc. (they just ignore me)

I'm using the titanium EQ1 version. Am I missing something else?
Old 06-30-2016, 02:28 PM
BigBlueWizard
Fire Beetle

Did you edit the npcs to change their class? I think it's either supposed to be 70 or 71... can't remember which
Old 06-30-2016, 02:36 PM
Argovian
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueWizard View Post
Did you edit the npcs to change their class? I think it's either supposed to be 70 or 71... can't remember which
yea I just confirmed, they are all set to class 71 in the DB.

I"m guessing its due to being on a Titanium Version. Since SOD isn't out until before underfoot?
Old 06-30-2016, 02:37 PM
Uleat
Developer

Quote:
I'm using the titanium EQ1 version.
That's the problem.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 05-02-2020, 01:49 PM
Newneedhelp
Fire Beetle

I have googled a ton and cant find the answer, I am trying to enable mercs on my server - I have already set allowmercs=true and ran a query to change the merc liason types to 71 -- when I try and open the merc window it opens for about half a second, shows blank then closes with the red message "you do not meet the requirements to hire a merc" -- also when I load up the server I get an error message saying 'table peq.merc does not exist' does anyone have an idea how to fix this, I am using the most recent version of Akkas repack, I have enabled all expansions up tp rof, I have ran the server tool to update the unstable database etc and my client is RoF_2
Old 05-03-2020, 02:35 AM
Shiny151
Hill Giant

I noticed the same issue with a new server deployment. I'm pretty sure they are non-existent in the current build. That is, unless you source in all of the merc tables manually. I didn't try that so I'm not even sure if that will work.

Instead of doing that, I opted to add bot tables instead and I'm really enjoying them. I still have my old server instance using using my own tweaked merc tables from 2013. Unless there's been recent changes to the way mercs work, the merc tables are completely missing in the current auto server deployment and I don't see an option to add them from the server config menu, only bots.

There might be an updated source somewhere so use at your own risk but the mercs were enabled by sourcing in this SQL from 2013. If this doesn't solve your problem then you'd most likely have to revert to an older build to get them to work.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/EQ.../svn/mercs.sql
Old 05-03-2020, 04:42 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

I have these merc tables on one of my projects using current (9152) code. They work for me, for the most part. https://tinyurl.com/mercs-9152