Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > OpenZone > OpenZone:: Q&A

OpenZone:: Q&A Support forum for OpenZone help

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2014, 01:11 AM
knowom
Discordant

Default The Legend of Evercrack

LOL seems like a semi appropriate title for this zone/project. Anyway for a bit of a idea of what is going on to the uninformed refer to this link and page 7 & 8.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...t=38384&page=7

Basically to summarize it's my 3D interpretation of "The legend of Zelda" or zone based around the original map layout of Hyrule if you will in 3D. I'll likely release it in 2 separate versions one that's more basic and what you'd expect a semi accurate 3D interpretation. The latter version though will be a 4-way mirrored take on it with a bit of change variations to spice it up and make things a bit more interesting and different.

Anyway here's the latest screen shot of how it's turning out. I finally finished up adding the terrain details to all the terrain juts, cracks, and crevices to make it look a bit closer in design. Still probably not quite perfect replica perhaps, but does seem quite a bit closer looking and feeling now.

I started cleaning up a bit more excess faces as well by doing some limited dissolve to the faces in Blender as a well on the split squares that formed half tile rectangles that was used to help get the design accurate. This will reduce the overall faces, triangles, edges, and vertices total so I can have more room to add more detail or should help make zone as smooth as possible. I haven't yet gotten to adjusting the full terrain height completely I just did some initial height adjustment to give a general bit of depth to help portray the layout more easily to give a good impression. I'm pretty certain the coming stages of planned tweaks will make a more noticeable difference in appearance.

Even in it's current state though it could probably at a point where database spawn points could be made or started Z axis height might need some later tweaking which is minor. That's assuming someone was interested in turning this into some kind of fun custom server my hopes is to get a few dedicated developers interested in turning this into the start of custom 4-way faction vs faction server.

Click if you want to see it in bit higher resolution for a better view. It still needs to be UV textured, but can only do so much at a time.