Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-12-2005, 06:55 AM
canehdian
Sarnak

like richardo said a fair ammount of people like pve more then pvp, so what you should do from swg is make it so people can pick between 2 factions or just stay neutral, and if they pick a side make it also like swg where they can be covert (hiding your factiong) or overt (showing your faction off like a gay man at the million man march) and with covert and overts thats where the tef from swg comes in =D

Server Op of A server in development! =D

formerly A fire inside
Old 05-12-2005, 07:42 AM
Rogean
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by canehdian
like richardo said a fair ammount of people like pve more then pvp, so what you should do from swg is make it so people can pick between 2 factions or just stay neutral, and if they pick a side make it also like swg where they can be covert (hiding your factiong) or overt (showing your faction off like a gay man at the million man march) and with covert and overts thats where the tef from swg comes in =D
nah, then theres no fun.. cause then nobody will go PvP.. =\

A Gay Man at the million man march? When I played SWG, I was one of the few people who were overt all the time excluding jedi knights. I even went and declared before getting my buffs.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:55 AM
Innerfire963
Fire Beetle

Default Nice

Well sounds like a great idea... ever since i quit Rallos Zek on live I've been looking for a good, decitated, PvP server... but i have 2 questions... will there be level restrictions on who you can attack?(maybe 5 levels up and down?) and will you be able to loot others? (kinda like the old Rallos Zek Server?)

But... Like the last few people said many people like PvE... well personally I like PvP but if you deside to change your mind and go pvp, you could make it like where PvP people get special binifits, maybe like fraction PvP epic armor or something... Just my ideas not my server... Good Luck and Peace out.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:26 PM
canehdian
Sarnak

hehe when i played SWG i was always overt, then again i was a master CM / Doc, and had some kick ass buffs, and AE poisons / Disease's

formerly A fire inside
Old 05-13-2005, 02:57 AM
Rogean
Administrator

mpike/mswords/mbrawler/xx4x medic

All my dots would be worth about 50 mil right now if the CU didn't nerf them. 1k Pike would be worth another 30-40 mil.

Anyways, moving on..

I'v run PvE Servers, yes.. However, I came up with this idea and I want to keep going with it. The server will be both PvP and PvE, and there will be plenty of PvE stuff to do on your own territory.. hell, you could probly get to level 50 without doing any PvP, but I want to take a stab at a PvP Server. So please stop talking about the server type. I am looking for suggestions about my idea, not about the server type.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:45 AM
Xiao
Sarnak

Well, I like it. The EQ and WoW ideas are best. I like the idea of the name colors, but I'm not quite sure that'd be very visible...oh well, sneak attack bitch! I think that the person before me was right...your GM's will have ALOT to do with it. Just take your time and this could end up a badass server. Maybe even as good as RA was.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:38 AM
canehdian
Sarnak

you could do something from DAoC where you have to take a item from the opposing city to get a nice items, pvp points, or something along those lines

formerly A fire inside
Old 07-10-2005, 10:06 AM
Ueguvil
Hill Giant

BUMP

How's the progress going, Rog? This really did sound like a cool server.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:40 AM
Deserx01
Sarnak

Some very amazing ideas in there, I really like the idea of having Qeynos and Freeport be opposing forces, however it sounds like there will need to be some heavy coding to make it all work. Good luck.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:09 PM
Reahlador
Fire Beetle

U still even working on it? or did you give up on it?
Old 07-17-2005, 08:12 PM
Rogean
Administrator

Lol I threw the idea out there, but I'm still playing SWG Now (So I haven't worked on the server).

I don't know if I really ever will make it.

I am now a Full Template Jedi on SWG, Awaiting the FRS To be turned back on. While I wait, I may open a SWG Ladder of some sort (An idea that me and a friend are going to be working on).
Old 10-11-2006, 07:07 AM
kilapuppy54
Fire Beetle

Default Server Launch?

When is Raid Addicts going to Open? i see it most of the time when i log in and i wish to log on to it but it is always locked, and i know that Dev or GM can get in only. please post a date around which it will be up please? i would love to play it.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:06 PM
joedan
Sarnak

These posts are over a year old
Old 10-31-2006, 09:43 AM
XebeknSZ
Sarnak

Even though this is over a year old, I think someone needs to make a decent pvp server. The EQemu Sullon Zek Server blew because of the sucky coding. The Last Stand has been promised for almost 3 months now with no delivery. Even if it does come out, it makes me wonder about the type of support people would get from the GM's etc when they need it. I liked this idea except for the SWG part, it doesn't promote pvp. It just makes it easy for people to avoid it. If you are going to make a straight up pvp server, then you should not allow any ways to avoid pvp (unless its the under 6 rule like on EQlive). This means instances or anything like it. If people want to avoid pvp, they need to do it creatively. Gaining faction for NPC's to protect them, running, hiding etc. I can guarantee I good pvp server with balanced pvp (I'm talking only to lvl 50 because lets be honest, that was the only time it was ever sort of balanced) would conjure a mass influx of pvp. Take the sullon zek server, it had a ton of people on it the first day until we all found out how broken everything was. The Last Stand is another good example. Look how many replies it had. That topic has to rank in the top 5 in this section of the forum for most replies and its a pvp server. Someone make a pvp server the right way and watch the masses pour in.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:47 PM
Barl
Sarnak

agreed, someone needs to come out with a pvp server asap.