Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-29-2007, 10:45 AM
Irreverent
The Solo Server

Default The Irreverent - Solo Server

Greetings,

We have setup a new server that is semi-legit. The game is based of the most recent version of PEQ. It has been highly modified, with the spirit of "everything can be done solo". HOWEVER no one will have GM rights, so you have to earn it the old fashioned way....through fighting. Always wanted to solo Vox, clear to the top of PoA? Now you can, with some rules modified(like death touch removed) we are trying to bring everyone together, with a different mentality. You can still group, as well as get a bonus, but that is up to you. You're in our world now...

eq.irreverentlabs.com
Old 06-07-2007, 01:26 AM
Irreverent
The Solo Server

Update:

First part of beta:

We're running two servers, one under minilogin(sorry!), but the live one is the down-tuned database. The minilogin server is running the peq database, but we added a unique charm-slot item, per class, and am trying to balance it's progrogression(rec'level of 70) so it scales in a way that the item will keep your level soloable against solo-lvl mobs. Obviously we've still twinking the non-solo fun like death touch. But visit us and give us feedback in our forums!

The Irreverent
Old 06-16-2007, 03:35 AM
Deserx01
Sarnak

do u guys have a website or anything? This server sounds interesting, sorta like wow actually.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:35 PM
miotch
Sarnak

Location: Conveiniently located in your grocers frozen food isle.

A warning for anyone that wants to try this server.

The Admin is reffered to as "vicious" and "lethal" by other players on the server (in /ooc) and quick to pass judgment on anyone suspected of any kind of "sneaky behavior".

While not trying anything sneaky at all, just asking a question, in a calm rational fashion i was banned from their server without warning.

I tried to voice what had happened with the misunderstanding, again in a rational manner , with the GM on their forums, and i was again banned from their
forums.

Asking a guide about an item disappearing from your inventory should not be grounds for banishment. That's what happened to me, i had been lagging like crazy, running 2 different clients on 2 different computers on 2 different accounts, and a few items poofed, 1 of the items was a very recent gift from a fellow player there. I asked about it, and suddenly i am convicted and banned for simply bringing it to the admin's attention.

But hey, it's their server they can run it any way they want to. This is just my heads up for anyone who plans playing there so they do not waste their time like I did.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:17 PM
Teledor
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by miotch View Post
A warning for anyone that wants to try this server.

The Admin is reffered to as "vicious" and "lethal" by other players on the server (in /ooc) and quick to pass judgment on anyone suspected of any kind of "sneaky behavior".

While not trying anything sneaky at all, just asking a question, in a calm rational fashion i was banned from their server without warning.

I tried to voice what had happened with the misunderstanding, again in a rational manner , with the GM on their forums, and i was again banned from their
forums.

Asking a guide about an item disappearing from your inventory should not be grounds for banishment. That's what happened to me, i had been lagging like crazy, running 2 different clients on 2 different computers on 2 different accounts, and a few items poofed, 1 of the items was a very recent gift from a fellow player there. I asked about it, and suddenly i am convicted and banned for simply bringing it to the admin's attention.

But hey, it's their server they can run it any way they want to. This is just my heads up for anyone who plans playing there so they do not waste their time like I did.

Isolated incidents happen. No need to be trying to cause a panic in the community about it. If it was unfair, it happens, move on. I have been playing there, and I enjoy it. Irreverent is very quick to look into and fix any problems you might have. All of the players I know are great people, always willing to help people, always looking for fun and new players.

For everyone reading this thread, please don't let the ramblings of one disgruntled player dissuade you from coming in and having a chat with us. We look forward to meeting you all there.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:34 AM
techguy84
Discordant

Cheers Irreveant for getting your server going. Took a look at your site and It looks pretty sweet. If you keep on top of it and provide good support you may be able to keep it going for a while. Most people just start a server and say here ya go. Good to see you take the time to create a website and make some internet precense for your server.

Just on a side note though. Dont make it TOO easy as it can get boring once people start to top out at end-game situations. Make some challange for people to go through, but dont make a grind machine like EQ was.

Anyhow, Cheers again and good luck!
Old 07-04-2007, 07:37 PM
miotch
Sarnak

Location: Conveiniently located in your grocers frozen food isle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teledor View Post
Isolated incidents happen. No need to be trying to cause a panic in the community about it. If it was unfair, it happens, move on. I have been playing there, and I enjoy it. Irreverent is very quick to look into and fix any problems you might have. All of the players I know are great people, always willing to help people, always looking for fun and new players.

For everyone reading this thread, please don't let the ramblings of one disgruntled player dissuade you from coming in and having a chat with us. We look forward to meeting you all there.

I'm going to let everyone know how the GM/Admin people treat players there and how irrational they behave. and Yes i have moved on.
The truth stands, as i told Irreverent in the post on the forums, treat everyone this way, and i assure you, your player population will stay low and easy to manage.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:26 PM
boogerific
Sarnak

I've been playing on there a lot lately (when there are GMs online, which is almost all the time) and I have yet to see, hear, or otherwise be privy to any questionable goings on by the server GMs. So far what I've seen are a bunch of people getting along without incident and having loads of fun. It's a cool server in my book and I will be playing there awhile.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:28 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

The server and admins/GMs actions will speak for themselves over time. No one should really need to report how sucky someone is, as it would be obvious. The fact Irreverent has not responded shows he doesn't have to explain himself. His server, his rules. There's 2 sides to every story, so just keep in mind that other people involved might have helped you "out"

It sounds like a cool server to play on though. You should try smoothing things over rather than pouring gasoline on the fire if you seek to be reinstated.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Irreverent
The Solo Server

The reason I haven't responded is because there was more to the story than that, and I thought I'd be reasonable and keep it between you and I. So now that I have that addressed, I'll end it at that.

Thanks John, while I don't have that kind of attitude of my-server, my rules...there are some things that I don't have any bendable attitudes towards. While I try to make my server mechanics fun, I also do the same when it comes to the community we have. We have 500chars, 400 accounts right now and I want everyone to come there for not just the unique mechanics, but because of the family we have there.

Now for my toss of slogan, please...come at least check us out. See the sights, and see the difference. We have a huge FAQ on eq.irreverentlabs.com that should address all questions. Simply up its EQLive, no GM commands, but tuned in many way so the hero can come out of all of us.

Hope to see you soon.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:58 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irreverent View Post
Simply up its EQLive, no GM commands, but tuned in many way so the hero can come out of all of us.
Jesus, that almost made me cry.

I think you have a great concept going, and definitely wish you guys all the luck. Hope to see you on the list for a long, long time.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:45 PM
nexenn
Fire Beetle

servers down, just wondering if it will come back up today... im beginning to have withdraw symtoms, thanks!
Old 07-17-2007, 12:19 PM
Irreverent
The Solo Server

Hah, sorry! Every morning there is basically a patch. So you probably were on during that time. However, yesterday was a huge patch.

-Mobs have a major overhaul and now scale their HP in the same way PCs
-All the temp-fix charms have been removed, so now its more like EQLive where you rely more on your gear than fighting behind your charm.

Hopefully you like the changes because now how the server is tuned more appropriately in the long run. The charm, while nice and powerful, was way too nice and powerful. It was basically the only gear you needed. So now hopefully we can go back to focusing on the game, and get that solo experience we've been looking for.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:19 PM
JoeJack
Fire Beetle

I've been getting the urge to play EQ. I think I might stop by and see how things are on the Irrelevant server. Judging from peoples' experiences plus reading the FAQ on the website, it looks very interesting.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:42 PM
JoeJack
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJack View Post
I've been getting the urge to play EQ. I think I might stop by and see how things are on the Irrelevant server. Judging from peoples' experiences plus reading the FAQ on the website, it looks very interesting.
Oops. I misspelled Irreverent. My bad.