Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:09 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Default Buying Underfoot

I purchased Underfoot from steam back when they were running it for $4.99 and archived it back in case anything on Steam changed.

I noticed most of the regulars on my server are running Titanium. I am trying to get them to consider getting Underfoot and was going to give them a link to puchase Underfoot, all of the old links are dead because I am guessing with all this F2P garbage they are no longer selling it. Is there anywhere a player can actually purchased the client ? Maybe even one of the older ones, SoF or SoD ?
Old 03-25-2012, 10:31 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
I purchased Underfoot from steam back when they were running it for $4.99 and archived it back in case anything on Steam changed.

I noticed most of the regulars on my server are running Titanium. I am trying to get them to consider getting Underfoot and was going to give them a link to puchase Underfoot, all of the old links are dead because I am guessing with all this F2P garbage they are no longer selling it. Is there anywhere a player can actually purchased the client ? Maybe even one of the older ones, SoF or SoD ?
Doubt it. What places are left are likely used copies or sites like Amazon / Ebay.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:32 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Well this very well sucks.

I have my UF I got from steam, and my SoF DVD copy still. I wish I could steer people to a nice place to buy EQ. You would think Sony would want our cash, I know EqEmu players bought plenty of copies of UF.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:00 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
Well this very well sucks.

I have my UF I got from steam, and my SoF DVD copy still. I wish I could steer people to a nice place to buy EQ. You would think Sony would want our cash, I know EqEmu players bought plenty of copies of UF.
Yep. I have a legit UF copy that I have backed up on my server. Sadly anyone wanting to use it now would have to go through non-legit means.

In my opinion though, since they are no longer available for purchase, download away...
Old 03-25-2012, 07:06 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Unfortunately even talking about that is not looked at well here.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:06 PM
lryansjr
Fire Beetle

well ill add my 2 copper here, Sony is GIVING all expansions up to VoA for free to anyone with the FTP conversion. i know the devs here wish to continue to pursue legal means of obtaining clients and i applaud that as i have supported sony over the years of EQ buying multiple expansions and i dont know how much SC. i fear that before long sharing working clients for the EMU side is going to be the only way for people to play. i cant find a SoF or UF client anywhere ( legal or not ) and had to revert to my 7 year old titanium disks :( . Maybe some means of getting a UF client will show itself soon we can all hope
Old 04-11-2012, 11:16 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Legally is it wrong to share something that's free

Old 04-11-2012, 11:35 PM
trevius
Developer

Another option that may be available soon to players is to use a fully patched F2P client. I have been doing some work to make the new client compatible with EQEmu in this thread:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...d.php?p=208776
Old 04-12-2012, 01:02 AM
lryansjr
Fire Beetle

yes i have been watching that thread and im very excited about it. i may not understand it all right but even if you make the live client work wont server owners need to update the server side to VoA as well. i only ask because i know some servers are heavily customized and if updating will mean undoing all the hard work they have done they may decide not to update. even though EQ is now FTP i believe the EMU still hold many advantages over live and a massive barrier to getting more people into the community is going to be the client. i wish you luck and speed in getting the VOA client working and if i can help in any way i will. untill then im stuck with titanium
Old 04-12-2012, 08:14 AM
provocating
Demi-God

I am excited as hell about using the VoA client in the future.

The client is always our holdup. People need to be able to get a client to play.