Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-24-2019, 12:15 AM
susrob
Fire Beetle

Default Enine's Profusion

not sure whats up with this server. 300+ pop most lvl 70 all in the pok doing nothing? actrive population means nothing anymore. https://eqprofusion.com/clone/?a=online
Old 10-24-2019, 02:49 AM
Mistmaker
Sarnak

I could never understand why anyone would care about population numbers anyway. We have some amazing servers in the list that at times only have a couple online. ProFusion is also a no box limit so 1 person could be showing at 2-12+ if they are logged in with multiple accounts.

Population numbers should be removed and a dynamic rating system should be used instead. This would also remove those that like to write crap about servers they didn't like. They could just give it a lower rating that month.
Old 10-24-2019, 04:50 AM
susrob
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistmaker View Post
I could never understand why anyone would care about population numbers anyway. We have some amazing servers in the list that at times only have a couple online. ProFusion is also a no box limit so 1 person could be showing at 2-12+ if they are logged in with multiple accounts.

Population numbers should be removed and a dynamic rating system should be used instead. This would also remove those that like to write crap about servers they didn't like. They could just give it a lower rating that month.
you obviously misunderstood my "question". it had nothing to do with boxing, or writing crap about a server, or disliking it. it was a question based on an observation. can you answer that question ? But as far as removing anything with your "ideals", not really. this is General::Server Discussion and will always be that! now let's get back to the topic. 300+ toons (boxing or not) doing nothing. populations dont seem to mean anything anymore.
Old 10-24-2019, 06:07 AM
shadeknight
Sarnak

Its a lot of boxed characters, since they won't cap how many you can box. Part of it also is a thing where every hour (I think) in PoK = 1 donor credits. So people leave their box army up and running.
Old 10-24-2019, 06:30 AM
susrob
Fire Beetle

i got nothing against boxing servers but it can be a big turn off looking at a big population and showing up as a noob with very little others to play along with at your own level when most of the server is already at the high end of the game. for a noob, no matter how many toons are on there, its like a server with no population to play with, if you like grouping.
Old 10-24-2019, 06:33 AM
Mistmaker
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by susrob View Post
you obviously misunderstood my "question". it had nothing to do with boxing, or writing crap about a server, or disliking it. it was a question based on an observation. can you answer that question ? But as far as removing anything with your "ideals", not really. this is General::Server Discussion and will always be that! now let's get back to the topic. 300+ toons (boxing or not) doing nothing. populations dont seem to mean anything anymore.
No you misunderstood. I was not attacking you so no need to get all defensive. I was only pointing out an observation TOO! AND a possible solution that uses what you posted as an example.

Wow.
Old 10-24-2019, 07:01 AM
susrob
Fire Beetle

sure whatever you say, but again we're talking about Enine's Profusion, so let's stick with the topic please.
Old 10-24-2019, 07:15 AM
Mistmaker
Sarnak

Quote:
sure whatever you say, but again we're talking about Enine's Profusion, so let's stick with the topic please.
Actually, I thought I was on topic.

You pointed out that active population means nothing anymore.

I pointed out when did active population ever mean anything?

I then pointed out that many of those “doing nothing” characters could be boxers.

I really don’t know how more clear I can make it for you. Are you complaining? Are you really asking a question? What's the point of your post? Do you offer solutions?
Old 10-24-2019, 07:21 AM
susrob
Fire Beetle

Old 10-24-2019, 08:32 AM
susrob
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeknight View Post
Its a lot of boxed characters, since they won't cap how many you can box. Part of it also is a thing where every hour (I think) in PoK = 1 donor credits. So people leave their box army up and running.
by the way,thanks shadeknight, it shed some light on my question.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:00 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
i got nothing against boxing servers but it can be a big turn off looking at a big population and showing up as a noob with very little others to play along with at your own level when most of the server is already at the high end of the game. for a noob, no matter how many toons are on there, its like a server with no population to play with, if you like grouping.
What if those high level players were capable (mentoring), and willing, to group with you?
Old 10-24-2019, 10:07 AM
susrob
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrsschb View Post
What if those high level players were capable (mentoring), and willing, to group with you?
that would be a nice server full of helpfull players, like the old days mmo but being level 1 and pl'd by a bunch of 70s is not my idea of fun. i didn't just look at this server once and come up with an opinion. i logged on there once the other day and nobody was responding to ooc. its not just a crap load of players sitting around in pok, there is an obvious boxer of 4-5 level 1 toons all with the same name a-e thats been sitting in halas for days on end,still at level 1. most of those toons on that server have been idle for a few days that i have been seeing. guess i am just too much into a population that actually plays the game, haha
Old 10-25-2019, 08:56 AM
dandrews2930
Fire Beetle

Ok Iam a active player on enine and I have to say we have a decent player base Iam sorry if you got on when many may have been afk. Yes a lot of people load chars for donor credits and just leave them afk but there are also a ton who play and quite a few who don’t even box me myself I solo and group a lot sometimes I box 2-3 and yes Iam end game I have done almost everything there is to offer and server and Iam still here playing and enjoying myself. I also group and help new people out whenever I get a chance. It’s true grouping to lvl up to 70 maybe a little hard when everyone’s done it and if you don’t want to play past the Zones but getting exp here isn’t hard and you lvl pretty fast since everything is meant for 70 plus there is also a reaping quest for once your 70 to relevel.

This server has many things to offer and the community is really nice there are loads of friendly people here I am normally on esig or darkknight catch me in game and Iam always willing to help out or answer questions there are also couple others who are online a lot and willing to help most the time like thors, zori, to name a few.

Please don’t base your opinion of the server off some people boxing afk chars for credits if that’s what they wanna spend there time doing let them check the server out for yourself and see the joy so many of us have.

Can’t wait to see any of you who decide to join us.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:50 AM
Gorbon
Fire Beetle

Red face

ProFusion is a solid server based upon Solo or Groupable progression. The numbers you see are from a passive donor credit system (as dandrews said above). It used to reward those inactive and afk, now it's on a global timer and just rewards you for playing. With a simple 1-70 grind, there's 9 tiers that face you afterwards with a level 71 raise once you reach T9. Most of us late game on the server are willing to lend a hand to anyone in need. I for one run probably the servers largest guild with a solid half of my players being solo players. If you have doubts because of afk's why play EQ in the first place.

That being said if anyone sees me on, hmu and i'll give you a run down;

Thors / Loganstar - <Leader of Vinland>