Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Submissions

Quests::Submissions This is where you submit your quests for review

Old 08-16-2006, 12:55 PM
Aramid
Discordant

Default Parchment & Rune Turn in for PoK

I wrote these quests so you can turn in your Ethereal, Spectral Parchments and Glyphed Rune Words in the PoK Library to get your Level 61 thru 65 spells. It's random, so you could get the same spell more than once just as it happened in Live.

Use them if you wish.

http://www.jtconsultants.com/emu/PokQuests.rar
Old 08-16-2006, 05:57 PM
CrabClaw
Hill Giant

Nice! Thank you!
Old 08-17-2006, 01:44 PM
ylosh
Sarnak

it's easier to do something like this than type in the same dialogue over and over for multiple hand ins. you also used a lot of quest::say(); instead of quest::emote(); it's a good idea to use the item hand in plugins so npcs don't eat incorrect items handed to them. some extra spaces were inserted in weird places after i pasted the text.
Code:
           sub EVENT_SAY {
             if($text=~/Hail/i) {
           	quest::say("Greetings, friend, and welcome to New Tanaan. We have worked hard to properly greet you into our midst, and hope that our efforts shall not be in vain. As a ranger of Tunare in my former life upon Norrath, I have joined my fellow Pathfinders in scribing spells from memory of our journeys upon your world. These spells are not unique to the Plane of Knowledge, for they are the same as those Norrath offers to its guardians. However, they may be convenient for you to purchase here while you are browsing our libraries and engaging in the wonders of our beautiful, peaceful city. However, do not forget the scholars whilst you are engaging in the planes. You may stumble across a piece of pure arcane manifestation that may appear mundane at first, but with my help can become a spell of great power to all of nature's wardens.");
             }
           }

sub EVENT_ITEM {
             if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 29112 => 1)) {
           	quest::summonitem(quest::ChooseRandom(21627,21628));
             }
             elsif (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 29131 => 1)) {
           	quest::summonitem(quest::ChooseRandom(26943,26931,26930,21626,26929));
             }
             elsif (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 29132 => 1)) {
           	quest::summonitem(quest::ChooseRandom(21655,26932));
             }
             else {
           	plugin::return_items(\%itemcount);
           	return 1;
             }
             quest::emote("takes the arcane item from you. Carefully, he inspects it -- nodding to himself in recognition of the item and planning of his next step. The ranger then begins a soft, melodic chant of priestly origin. You recognize the nature of the words to be a hymn of the natural world, though you cannot decipher their meaning. The arcane object fades into existence, the runes etching themselves upon the surface become clear in their mat, neutral hues. Eventually, the ranger's chant ends and the object in his hand is complete. He then extends it to you in unconditional offering, 'Use this wisely and with great respect for the power that has originated it. The primordial arcane powers of the divine worlds are not to be disrespected.'");
           }

#END of FILE Zone:poknowledge  ID:202188 -- Pathfinder_Viliken
Old 08-17-2006, 09:30 PM
Aramid
Discordant

Thanks for pointing that out, I'll rewrite them using your format.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:49 AM
Aramid
Discordant

All Files have been rewritten in a much better format.

Thanks to Ylosh for showing me the proper way.

If you downloaded the files before August 18, 2006 - 9:45am est, download them again. Link is in the 1st message of this thread.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:18 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Not to nitpick, but I believe the Runes turnin's for Omens spells are in sequential order, specifically, and are not in fact random - since they are LORE/NO DROP and all, you cannot get the same one twice? Anyway, not sure if this would make the coding easier. If you already have spell_xx, do not give it again?

I don't remember far enough back to the SP/EP turnin's... but I think those were tradeable, so you could actually get the same one twice - which sucked!
Old 08-18-2006, 11:14 AM
Aramid
Discordant

Yes, that's they way it was/is for those spells. I thought the idea was to keep it as close to live as possible.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:37 PM
TheDanishElf
Fire Beetle

I tried using these quests, but my Everquest client crashed when I turned in an Ethereal Parchment.

Any ideas as of why that happened...?

It would be really great to get this to work....then I don't have to manually randomize the quest when players want to turn in parchments....*hehe*
Old 08-19-2006, 12:39 AM
Aramid
Discordant

When I first made them, before I put them out there, if I hailed the NPC multiple times as fast as I could, it crashed my client as well. So, I shorten the text that of what they said and that fixed that. In my testing, I have probably turned in over 100 of them and doing that has never crashed my client. Did you get the originals or the 2nd release? If you downloaded them prior to Friday morning on the 18th, Download them again. They were completely rewritten and MUCH smaller in size.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:38 AM
Aramid
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDanishElf
I tried using these quests, but my Everquest client crashed when I turned in an Ethereal Parchment.

Any ideas as of why that happened...?

It would be really great to get this to work....then I don't have to manually randomize the quest when players want to turn in parchments....*hehe*
I'm curious, when you crashed, were you accessing it from your local lan?

When I did my testing, I did it from a remote location and never had a crash. Today, I did it from my local lan and I am able to duplicate your problem. It crashes as soon as the emote comes back when they give the spell. So, I shortened that text as well and it appears to be ok. (I wish we could EDIT our Posts so I could put this on the 1st post)

There must be a limit to the amount of text you can say at one time. When I had the problem with it doing it on hail, I even seperated the text with multiple quest::say 's but it still wiped out the client, so I just removed a lot of it and made them all generic.

Anyway, get the files that were uploaded as of today, the 19th of August 06 and let me know if they work for you now.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:37 AM
Aramid
Discordant

I've removed the files. Since the rewrite, I'm starting to get all kinds of strange errors when running them on a local lan. I'll keep working on it....
Old 03-29-2007, 04:46 AM
gernblan
Discordant

I wish someone could or would post working versions of these... they really would give the emu more of a "live" feel to it.
Jest 4 Server
Linux (Jest3 runs on Fedora, our Dev servers usually run on Ubuntu and/or Gentoo), OC-12 Connection = Hella Fast