Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Tools

Archive::Tools Archive area for Tools's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 05-20-2004, 07:19 PM
capusr5
Sarnak

You sure you have the correct directory in your .ini file that points to your spells file? I dont think it has anything to do with custom spells cause it only reads a fixed amount of info.

I have already made a new version of iEQ with many things added/fixed but I have a terrible work schedule these last few weeks (and dont know when it will calm down) so I dont have the time to properly test it, in order to post it.
Old 06-01-2004, 01:44 PM
stclairguy
Fire Beetle

Default Awesome Tool

I'm just wanting to say how awesome this tool is. Finally i'm getting to setup loot tables for my mobs. I appreciate the program, and wait for the next release in anticipation.
Old 06-12-2004, 12:20 AM
ultimatex
Sarnak

Yup.... I like it.... Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11two

edit: ok so, anyway. uhm, Your Program is near perfect.. Only thing i suggest adding is a spawn editor. So i can delete/add spawns..

Maybe there is, and i dont see it cause im just dumb or somethin.

Anyway, Thanks for the awsome program!
Old 06-17-2004, 07:47 AM
Frienzied
Sarnak

Great work. I love how you set this up and hope to see different tools from you in the future.
Old 06-19-2004, 11:30 AM
stclairguy
Fire Beetle

Having an issue with the program. I'm trying to search for one of the loot tables to apply to Rallos Zek at the moment, and when i do a -1 to search for it, the program freezes and it won't go any further w/o a CTRL-ALT-DEL close. Also, just to maybe fix this in an alternate way, is there any way you can give a release, in txt form or something, of the different loot sets and their coinciding mobs? Thanks for the help.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:34 PM
capusr5
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by stclairguy
Having an issue with the program. I'm trying to search for one of the loot tables to apply to Rallos Zek at the moment, and when i do a -1 to search for it, the program freezes and it won't go any further w/o a CTRL-ALT-DEL close. Also, just to maybe fix this in an alternate way, is there any way you can give a release, in txt form or something, of the different loot sets and their coinciding mobs? Thanks for the help.
I tried to replicate the problem but couldnt make the program freeze in any way.

One thing I noticed is that with the current database, it takes a bit more time to build up the required tables than with the database I released iEQ. This is normal of course and is the result of the extended loottables this DB has.

I dont know your PC configuration but to give you an idea, my 1500mhz P4 takes about 15-17 seconds to build up the loottables, and my 3.02 P4 one, about 6 seconds. So I would suggest wait a bit more time before pressing ctrl+alt+delete to see what happens. Eitherway, I'm gonna take a look at the function to see what can be done to speed things a little.

One other thing that comes to mind, is that maybe you have the "showicons" line in iEQ.ini set to TRUE which I would strongly advice seting it to FALSE instead.

Other than that, I dont think there is any other way of making iEQ lock in that menu, cause if it was a DB error, it would return an relevant DB error the moment you entered the -1.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:00 AM
fathernitwit
Developer

Hello,

Very nice program.

one bug report, if your still working on this thing: when editing merchant set names, it puts ###.ItemSetName_set instead of just ItemSetName as the default text in the text box.

Anyways, the real reason I am posting is that using iEQ, I have given every merchant ID in the DB a useful name, and developed a patch to use it as the merchant's last name. You can get the patch and SQL file here:
http://eqemu.psend.com
the thread about the patch is here:
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16422

you can just use the SQL file if you dont want to use my patch, it will work just for iEQ without messing with it.

Hopefully the merchantsets table can get added to project EQ and will be kept up to date, but prolly not.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:01 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

The `npc_types` table already has a lastname field in it. If I remember correctly, the EQCollector takes any (name in parentheses) under the merchant and stores it here.

It's a small change to just 3 or 4 lines of code to get the server to stop saying (EQEmu Shopkeeper) and start saying what's in the lastname field. I don't have the source where I am but I can get it later tonight if need be.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:11 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

I've gotten the .NET framework and sourced in the SQL. and have the spells files in the folder. Updated all the proper paths and i'm getting errors right when i run it.

An Unhandled Exception has occured in your application.

MySQLDriverCS Exception: MySQLDriverCS Error: wrong Query: Unknown column 'class' in field list..

theres a details button that shows waay too much crap to post here.
Old 08-20-2004, 02:25 PM
Darkwaters
Hill Giant

Sotonin, just a question you didn't happen to have a "Class" table in your custom database already did you? I used the application and had to rename mine to my_classes just to give it a different name, I only ask because you have a custom server if I recall properly. =)

EDIT (ADDED): maybe I've just been reading way to many posts lately too LOL. =)

Darkwaters
Old 08-21-2004, 06:56 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

nope.... and reading the iEQ.sql there is NO class table. only classes. which yes it created

its looking for a field "class" in some table.... which the only one i can think of would be npc_types which yes has that field...

but doing a search of iEQ.sql for "class" brings up nothing.

im clueless
Old 10-05-2004, 09:50 AM
mrea
Discordant

Default iEQ!!

iEQ is awesome!!! Thanks so much!! Great job!
Does what Mysql-front does without hassle *claps*

No errors found yet but I just d/led it today