Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Tools

Archive::Tools Archive area for Tools's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 04-05-2004, 01:37 AM
capusr5
Sarnak

Default iEQ

First of all, iEQ isnt a brilliant new idea that none have ever thought of making and such. In fact almost everything it does is already covered, in one way or another, by the other great tools here such as EQAdmin or the awesome LootEditor.

In fact it was Sandy's LootEditor that made me start this project for various reasons, a thing that I feel needs to be said cause its also the source of all these great icons that iEQ uses

Now that I have said it, iEQ is a tool that helps world builders work mainly with NPCs Faction, Loot sets and Merchant sets. It lets you change/create/delete/rename Factions, assign the to NPC's, create/change lootsets, cash, merchant sets, adding items etc. It also comes with a nice Item browser (to select items) and lets you change in general some details of each spawn, like NPC level, hit points etc. Also it has a build in Report Generator that lists all details of each zone, like wrong faction IDs, incorrect items in lootsets etc.

Before using it, it would be usefull to read the iEQ.txt file that comes with the .zip, as I have included a bit more info there. Just to give you a general idea, before you even install it, you need a) the .NET FRAMEWORK 1.1 (from microsoft) plus to source in your DB the iEQ.sql file, which is also included in the .zip. (more details on the .txt file)

Of course you also need to edit the iEQ.ini file, but I have included all info in the iEQ.txt file.

The link you can download is the follow:

http://www.reporter.gr/thanos/files/zara/ieq.zip

Please note that this isnt a finalized program. It most definately has some random bugs here and there (although I have cought the most obvious ones). It also needs a lot of improvements like Berserker support, a bit more functionality and such.

Let me know if you find it usefull or if you have any problems by using it.

ps. I have developed it using the myWorld-5.5-alpha1 database and the 5.5DR1 server program, so take this in mind if you face any difficulties.
Old 04-05-2004, 02:10 AM
Jezebell
Discordant

Sounds pretty cool, thanks for your help with the Project
The First Age Website

Running on: Asus A7N8X-Deluxe, AMD Athlon XP 2100+, Geil 1024MB PC3200 Ultra DDR RAM,
WD 40GB 7200rpm ATA-100 HDD, Visiontek 128MB Geforce4 TI 4400, Windows XP Pro SP2
Old 04-05-2004, 05:27 PM
slambs
Fire Beetle

well, capusr5, I have got to say you are a mind reader. this is exactly what I needed to easily setup my server. I was thinking of writing something in php to do this but now I have more time to spend setting up the world.

you are a god and I thank you very much.

if I do come across any problems with it I shall pass them on.

this is a great tool.

NOTE: to the other gods out there, there can be more than One god =)
Old 04-06-2004, 09:50 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

We are always in search of good tools to use, so I checked this out. It looks great! I highly recommend it!

I am about to add something to NPCs. If you'd like to talk, your program would be very useful for the world builders in dealing with the change...
Old 04-07-2004, 12:09 AM
capusr5
Sarnak

If you like you can PM me with what you have in mind Scorpious2k, if you prefer not to post it here for the moment. For as long as I
Old 04-11-2004, 12:48 AM
cofruben
Old-EQEmu Developer

hello,thanks for the great job,it looks very good!But I cannot use it =(.I configured the .ini and when I am going to execute IEQ.exe,an error message pops up and it says:
The application cannot be initialized(0xc0000135).Click on ok button to finish the application.
Could you help me please?
Old 04-12-2004, 04:54 AM
capusr5
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofruben
hello,thanks for the great job,it looks very good!But I cannot use it =(.I configured the .ini and when I am going to execute IEQ.exe,an error message pops up and it says:
The application cannot be initialized(0xc0000135).Click on ok button to finish the application.
Could you help me please?
Have you properly installed the .NET FRAMEWORK 1.1 first? If not then this might be the reason why.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:25 PM
Klasfide
Fire Beetle

It doesn't work, It cannot read my database it asks if im sure i installed the iEQ.sql file. I did

use eq;

source iEQ.sql;

It adding the colums, and it still gives me that error when trying to start iEQ.

Then I tried to source it again and it added it with no errors and no duplicate entries (which is wierd cus its saying it wrote it to the database) it looks like the iEQ.sql file is messed up and its not really writing to the database like it says it is.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:55 PM
capusr5
Sarnak

If the message you getting is "Error reading database. Have you sourced iEQ.sql yet?" then it comes from not being able to load data from the ZONE table or from the ZONE_ERA one.

iEQ doenst do anything with the ZONE table so if I take as granded that ZONE table exists with proper data, the problem should be in your ZONE_ERA one.

That means either it doenst exist or its format (columns) isnt correct. Check with mysql or mysql-front or sthng like that the existance of ZONE_ERA and its format.

What iEQ.sql file actualy does is first DELETE the tables and then recreating them plus filling them with data. There is no such thing as iEQ.sql is messed up and not actually write to the database, assuming that there is a valid database you use.

All the above of course have meaning if the database you use is a valid database, that is you use it to connect to EQ without problems, user has sufficient rights etc.

I wasnt able to reproduce the problem on any other occasion other than the one I mentioned in the beginning of my post. If you still have problems please post and I'll see what else I can do.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:00 PM
DancingEskimo
Fire Beetle

Default Ok wow

All I have to say about your program is...

OMG THIS THING IS INSANELY AWESOME! (no offence to others who have contributed great programs such as Sandy's loot editer and EQAdmin) But this is honestly a wonderful program! I really love it it also helped me to free up a bit of crap in my DB I went into my DB and deleted EVERY merchant ID because this program made it possible for me to quickly tell what the merchant ID actually had.

Which I quickly found out was really not stuff the way I wanted it so I decided (for space and possibly speed) that I didnt need all of that stuff especially since I am just starting my server out.

Thanks for the great contribution!

And again Sandy's loot editor and EQAdmin are great programs but sandy's stopped working on my computer and EQadmin I only need for a few things that I cannot interpret on the database. :(

And by the way deleting all of your merchant lists is NOT RECOMMENDED. I ran acrossed the problem of not being able to add a merchant list through IEQ after I did that but it is easily fixed you go back into your DB and create a merchant ID and you can just leave it blank or put a 1 for the ID (Put a 1 of it doesnt work blank) and then you can make merchant lists through IEQ.

And dont even attempt it unless you know what you are doing in the first place just make some custom ones leaving the ones already there alone if you dont want to delete them.

And it screws up all of your merchants so if you do it dont come back complaining that something isnt working. So dont do it unless you are starting from bottom up on your server. And dont bug anybody if something gets screwed up.

http://incarnssuffering.myfreebb.com Forum for my server (Incarn's Suffering Server). The server is currently under construction but the forum is open for any ideas and opinions you may have.

ServerOP for Incarn's Suffering Server
Old 04-23-2004, 12:42 AM
GreatSageCorban
Sarnak

I'm actually having a problem with IEQ. I've imported the database, I've configured the ini, and I've downloaded the .net framework. When I run the program it just sits as a minimized program on the task bar. Any idea whats going on with it?
Old 04-23-2004, 02:19 AM
sandy
Hill Giant

I take offense =)
Old 05-15-2004, 02:29 AM
KhaN
Dragon

iEQ support Shadowrest ? Because i cant seem to find zone in zone list ...

Old 05-17-2004, 05:02 AM
blastoma
Sarnak

Great tool. Thanks a bunch!
Old 05-19-2004, 12:55 AM
KhaN
Dragon

I have a problem using iEQ, actually, when i want to add/manage merchants set and want add an item to the set, i got an error about "SPELL_US.TXT" not being present in iEQ forder, well it is.
My "SPELL_US.TXT" isnt the original EQLive file, as im rewrinting spells and im around 1600 atm, just wanted to know if problem is that iEQ have a problem loading custom spells.