Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:31 PM
pariah246
Fire Beetle

Default Downloading new weapon/icon graphics with SoF client

I looked through the other threads and couldn't really find a solution to my problem, so here I am. After reading the sticky on updating graphics for older clients I changed the eqhost.txt file to go after the eqlplogin1.everquest.com:15900 server. After it updated the launchpad the Station widget requested my login information and wouldn't let me download the live files until I paid for a subscription. Has the login server listed in the sticky changed over the past few months or is there a different way to get the live files?

If I'm unable to download the files this way I suppose I could shell out the $20 to upgrade to the Underfoot client but would I be wasting my money with EQ going free-to-play next month? Should I just wait until then to upgrade my client if I can't get the new graphics files through the method mentioned in the sticky?
Old 02-09-2012, 07:01 PM
sorvani
Dragon

Assuming you can still start a trial account, the below will work.

Quote:
Update August 18, 2011
The old Escape To Norrath trial was never useful because it was only a partial client. But Sony has now changed the trial to be a trial on the actual live servers. Go make a new SOE account and hit the trial button. It will download the full client (6.5GB). To speed up the download, you can take your existing UF install and copy all of those files to the folder where you told the live install to go. That will extremely shorten your download time. Note that the steps below describe how to copy your UF install folder and create a new Live folder that will be used to attain the files needed for UF. NEVER patch your UF install folder or it will fail to work with EQEmu!

These steps were used on August 18, 2011:
Locate the Underfoot install. Mine resides in C:\EQ\Everquest_UF\.
Make a new folder for the Live install, C:\EQ\Everquest_Live\ is a good location.
Copy everything from the Underfoot folder to the Live folder.
While that is copying, open your browser and go to http://www.everquest.com and click on Everquest and then look for the button for the free trial.
Create a new account. An existing account will not work. When it tells you to download the installer, ignore it.
Go to the Live folder you made and double click on the launchpad.exe program.
Login with the new account you just created.
Wait for it to finish patching.
You are done. I recommend noting the expiration date of your trial and patching again one last time before it expires to make sure you have everything as of that date.