Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 11-01-2017, 12:01 PM
Plaguexx
Fire Beetle

Default A few questions.

If you know how to do any of the things I have not yet done or know a better way to do something I have done please post so I can learn.

Change Starting Zone locations Partially fixed thanks to forum search. I just need to update x,y,z of starting locations to be in front of the various classes guild masters. I also want to change the bind location x,y,z, to be near the various cities gates. rule_value World:StartZonesSameAsBindOnCreation might have to be changed for example Nericak Might start in third gate and be bound in Neriak commons near gate. I want to update starting zones for Froglocks (Yup I like the jumpers so I am including them on my server. (ill have to look at racial abilities and make sure they are not over powered) I also want to create start zones for Vah Shir (Not on Luclin)

Remove Tutorial Buttons (Character creation)(Character Selection) Partial fixed rule_value World:EnableTutorialButton set to false and rule_value World:TutorialZoneID set to -1 (which causes them to zone into their default starting location) I would like to completly remove the button tho.

Remove Return Home Button (Character Selection) Partially fixed. rule_value World:EnableReturnHomeButton set to false. I would still like to remove the button tho.

Removew Explore Button (Character Selection)! Still needs research on this one. I could not find any rule_value to effect this.

Change Starting equipment Think I found this one. starting_items Just need to research item IDs and remove the backpacks. Also lower the charges on the food drink. (instead of a stack of 20 food drink want to give them 5)

Remove AA window Still researching (forum search has not helped) I could remove the data from aa_ability and that would I assume leave the window blank. I would like a way to keep the window from opening at all because as Atrayas pointed out in another post that I "might" implement them later and if they were deleted I could not do this.

Update /camp to work only when sitting No clue about this one really, perhaps under command_settings or a rule_value I missed.

Remove classes (Beastlord)(Beserker) (From character creation screens) Could not find any rule_value for this one. Still needs research

Remove various NPC titles (Merchant type, guild master, etc) Not to sure about this one. I thought I remembered a way on EOC under NPC to remove the various titles.

Remove Soulbinders Easy I should think. Find the spawn2 entries and delete them. Would be easier to use EOC and delete the spawn from there tho.

Remove Translocators Same as Soulbinders I should think.

Remove expansion NPC above Luclin A lot or research into this one is needed to find out each NPCs purpose. Tho I seem to recall seeing what expansion a spawn was from in EOC (at work now and cant check)

Change loot from mobs Atrayas pointed me in the direction of EOC in another post which seems to handle this task pretty nicely. I also want to lower the amount of coin some mobs drop.

Lower global xp Not sure how to do this yet. I killed like 2 mobs in Freeport last night and was level 2. I remember the grind being harder and would like to return to that experience.

Change faction messages I want to remove the numerical value of the various faction messages, and leave them as simply faction increased or decreased messages.

Remove factions from other expansions Some research as to which need to be removed. Then I assume I can simply delete them from factiion_list.

Remove quests from other expansions Should be mostly a mute point as the removal of NPCs from other expansions should handle most of this todo. I would still need to remove the various corpse drops from quests in other expansions however.

Mobs move more often Not sure about this one yet. I see pathgrin colum in the spawn2 data that might be the pathing of a mob, not sure how to change this tho. Was in Freeport west last night on my new server and the noob area mobs were just standing there with very little movement and a long time in between movements.

EXP loss from death Needs research still not sure where this change is yet.

Change some merchants appearance Some of the merchants on my server are a bit drab. Might alter their appearance if I can figure out how.

Items stay on corpse at any level Last night I died a few times (various reasons) and I kept all my equipment when I respawned at my bind point. When I hit level 10 I got a message saying my items would no longer stay with me. I would like to change this so your items stay on your corpse at any level.

Lower rate of research material drops Killed a few guards on my server last night (#damage 999999). Hey they attacked me first. (forgot #GM on) Anyways on their corpses were a lot or research materials (Runes words) Ill have to look into lowing the rate these drop. EOC most likely.

Update NPC models Random bug I assume but (cabilis - a young scaled wolf pup) appears as a very small human model.

Remove compass No clue about this one yet.

Remove find Either remove the skill or make it so nothing can be found by it. No Clue about this one yet.

Remove maps Would like the window to just not open. Not sure how to do this yet tho.

Remove bandolier I don't recall this from classic EQ. Would like to see it gone as well

Remove tribute I don't recall this from classic EQ. Would like to see it gone as well

Remove shared banking Not sure if I want this gone yet or not. Would still like to know how to remove it tho.

Remove banking extra slots Not sure how to do this yet.

Remove autobanking Not sure how to do this yet.

Remove shroud bank What is this? Would still like it gone.

Return tradeskill devices to classic Would like to return to the classic 10 slots contains with a combine button.

Remove "a mysterious voice whispers" Got this popping up when I zoned.

Adjust rate guards carry finesteel Seem to recall the Freeport guards dropping a fair bit of finesteel

World Expansion Settings? This is in rule_value not sure if I can use it tho.

Skill sense heading Maybe done (skills:TrainSenseHeading = true)(skills:SenseHeadingStartValue = 1)

Last edited by Plaguexx; 11-01-2017 at 12:06 PM.. Reason: update
Old 11-02-2017, 12:35 AM
Cusser
Sarnak

A few questions ? lol a lot of your "bucket list" can be done in database tables, while some things are run by the client.
I would encourage you to get familiarized with all those database tables and learn how to work with them and what their
values/entries mean. You could take this route and ask a million questions on here, how to do everything, but you may have
difficulty getting many to answer them all. Some people are reluctant to holding your hand throughout your customization.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:55 PM
Plaguexx
Fire Beetle

Gave up on female merchant textures.....

Various mobs appearing as small human Finished (I think)
Change Starting Zone locations Finished
Skill sense heading Finished
Change Starting equipment Finished
Remove Soulbinders Finished
Remove Translocators Finished
Remove expansion NPC above Luclin Finished
Change loot from mobs Almost Finished
Lower global xp Finished
Remove factions from other expansions Almost Finished
Remove quests from other expansions Finished (I think sooo many)
EXP loss from death Finished
Items stay on corpse at any level Finished
Lower rate of research material drops Finished
Update NPC models Finished
Remove tribute Finished (I think, removed the NPCs)
Adjust rate guards carry finesteel Finished
Remove various NPC titles Partially Fixed GM titles persist tho.
Change faction messages Finished (Thanks Turmoiltoad)
Remove find almost Finished (Lots of NPCs to change) (Thanks Turmoiltoad)

Remove Tutorial Buttons Partial fixed, I would like to completly remove the button tho.
Remove Return Home Button Partially fixed, I would still like to remove the button tho.
Remove AA window Partially fixed, I would still like to remove the window tho.
Mobs move more often Still messing with grids and spawns to make me happy

Update /camp to work only when sitting No clue about this one

Remove classes (Beastlord)(Beserker) World:ExpansionSettings can adjust this nicely, but also removes the frogloks and vha shir

Remove compass No clue about this one yet.

Remove maps Would like the window to just not open. Not sure how to do this yet tho.

Remove bandolier I don't recall this from classic EQ. Would like to see it gone as well

Remove shared banking Not sure if I want this gone yet or not. Would still like to know how to remove it tho.

Remove banking extra slots Not sure how to do this yet.

Remove autobanking Not sure how to do this yet.

Remove shroud bank What is this? Would still like it gone.

Return tradeskill devices to classic Would like to return to the classic 10 slots contains with a combine button.

Old 11-12-2017, 12:19 AM
Uleat
Developer

99.999% of what you're trying to do is tied to the client itself.

There may be settings that can be changed when the client logs into the server..but, from what I read above, I'm not intimately familiar with any of them.

You may have some luck with changing available client expansions available in those packets. I think there are some posts around where people
have played with those.

('Explore' button, I believe, was last used in the Titanium client - and it also has hard-coded race-class combos.)

As for the merchant models, do the newer velious ones have aprons on female merchants?

That may be a client issue as well.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 11-12-2017, 12:53 AM
Plaguexx
Fire Beetle

So if they are client side, I can mod the necessary files to my liking, I then just have to disperse them to who ever wants to play on my server?
Old 11-12-2017, 10:13 AM
Turmoiltoad
Forum Guide

Quote:
Remove various NPC titles Partially Fixed GM titles persist tho.
GM titles are hard coded into Server/world/clientlist.cpp

Quote:
Remove Tutorial Buttons Partial fixed, I would like to completly remove the button tho.
EnableTutorialButton FALSE in Server Rules

Quote:
Change faction messages I want to remove the numerical value of the various faction messages, and leave them as simply faction increased or decreased messages.
Client:UseLiveFactionMessage false in Server Rules

Quote:
Remove find Either remove the skill or make it so nothing can be found by it. No Clue about this one yet.
NPCs have a findable field that you can set to 0.

Quote:
Character:SharedBankPlat false in Server Rules

You can also deal with the slots showing by modifying the UI.

Quote:
Look for your player.pl or player.lua files in the zones where this appears--you'll find the LDON/wayfarer quest info that causes the text to appear. It should be all starting cities, West Karana and Rathe Mountains iirc.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:19 PM
Plaguexx
Fire Beetle

quests>global>global_player This seems to be the "a mysterious voice whispers" quest along with the "adventurers stone" (or possibly same quest) either way can I safely delete this file? or at least change the zone IDs to -1?

Also it is becoming obvious the changes I have left to do are in the UI. Can I change the server side UI so it is displayed that way to anyone who logs into the server?
Old 11-13-2017, 12:51 PM
Turmoiltoad
Forum Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaguexx View Post
quests>global>global_player This seems to be the "a mysterious voice whispers" quest along with the "adventurers stone" (or possibly same quest) either way can I safely delete this file? or at least change the zone IDs to -1?
Just comment out that section of the code in that file and the other player.lua and player.pl files in the starting cities.