Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:17 AM
mjbcb0717
Hill Giant

Default God's of norrath! LFM

Grammer aside as I don't give a shit.

It's been awhile since I've found a server I spend more then 2 weeks on before I'm bored with it so wanted to promote this amazing server.

-God's of Norrath is a high custom solo to 6 box server with vary active and helpful community and GM's on daily to answer and questions or help with any problems you may encounter (silent and keggwulf)

-custom currency system/max level of 80 stops at 70 and 71-80 is gained by other means most spells are beefed up here as well for all classes.

-teir system from T1-T4 with T5 coming out at the end of the month custom epics 1.0 to 3.0 always seems to be something in development on here! Custom Augs and gear for all levels.

-as mentioned before you can solo or box, alot of content is soloable by all up till I'd say T3+ after that help or boxing may be required. Always groups and people helping others so if boxing is not you're thing have no worry. If solo is you're think as usual mage and necro are really strong here but don't expect to power house trough content with them.

-customized zones and encounters all over the place lots to do here you will not become bored here quickly there is a donor zone for people who help support the server with quests and other items but this does not make the server a p2w server you do not have to donate to progress here.

They're is lots more to talk about but I don't wanna spoil it all come check us out!

Contact Fungus/mushrooms if you have and questions or anything I'll be more then happy to help.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:01 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbcb0717 View Post
Grammer aside as I don't give a shit.

It's been awhile since I've found a server I spend more then 2 weeks on before I'm bored with it so wanted to promote this amazing server.

-God's of Norrath is a high custom solo to 6 box server with vary active and helpful community and GM's on daily to answer and questions or help with any problems you may encounter (silent and keggwulf)

-custom currency system/max level of 80 stops at 70 and 71-80 is gained by other means most spells are beefed up here as well for all classes.

-teir system from T1-T4 with T5 coming out at the end of the month custom epics 1.0 to 3.0 always seems to be something in development on here! Custom Augs and gear for all levels.

-as mentioned before you can solo or box, alot of content is soloable by all up till I'd say T3+ after that help or boxing may be required. Always groups and people helping others so if boxing is not you're thing have no worry. If solo is you're think as usual mage and necro are really strong here but don't expect to power house trough content with them.

-customized zones and encounters all over the place lots to do here you will not become bored here quickly there is a donor zone for people who help support the server with quests and other items but this does not make the server a p2w server you do not have to donate to progress here.

They're is lots more to talk about but I don't wanna spoil it all come check us out!

Contact Fungus/mushrooms if you have and questions or anything I'll be more then happy to help.

twink me master

Old 01-22-2018, 06:04 PM
mjbcb0717
Hill Giant

ill twink you out like a 3rd street whore.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:09 PM
Serafrym
Fire Beetle

The servers decent - It's still very unbalanced (has a Kimura's first server vibe to it for those that remember).

Most content is incredibly hard to solo (bosses hit hard/fast) - However if you use a merc it becomes trivial as they can tank and dps it without even getting hurt (T1-2).

There's also a bunch of "unknown" things that you wouldn't just find while leveling/playing that literally make the server 100x easier(trivial) than if you dont know (Melee/Caster sellers in POK for example with right click 0.8 sec cast complete heals, 30khp earring (when you have 8khp total as a fresh 70). It somewhat seems like a couple of different ideas slapped together a bit quickly.

With that said, it's still decently fun, just not polished with a cohesive offering yet.

Just my 2cp anywho.
Old 01-30-2018, 04:16 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Tried, hated.

Blows big nuts.

EDIT:

1. Leveling to max level without assistance from a 70+ mage is abysmal. Level 35 killing level 45-55s with EXP buff = 2%exp per kill.
2. Balance is all types of fubar. My Merc at level 35 can tank BoThunder and not die.
3. My "1s" healing item heals for 2,000 at 35, which allows me to create a macro and make my merc kill everything, defeating the purpose of having a healer box.
4. I saw a weapon that was 9000dmg 10 delay. That's just stupid.
5. Only way to really progress is to slog through a 6box and run macros to control them.
6. Made 15million plat in 30 minutes at level 35. Pretty much before 40 I could already go to level 80 since 71-80 is 2milpp per level.
7. Community is a bunch of 6boxers. Server feels dead.
8. "Progression" feels like a child with autism said this item goes on this monster, let's not make anything "custom" on a custom progression-like server.
9. Eat me with the earlier review.

Old 01-30-2018, 11:54 PM
J3wish
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze_EQ View Post
Tried, hated.

Blows big nuts.
The review I was waiting for.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:05 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Criticism is criticism, nonetheless. It'd be nice if it could be a bit more constructive than, "blows big nuts," though.

Last edited by Kingly_Krab; 02-02-2018 at 02:41 PM..
Old 01-31-2018, 04:28 PM
GrayKitri
Fire Beetle

I agree, constructive criticism is probably best. I'll put in my more detailed thoughts here.

1. Balance overall is very poor at all levels and tiers - and they keep pushing more content out instead of fixing what's already out and broken.

As Maze said, Mercs are ridiculously strong to the point of afking during content with a single Merc. They are so strong in fact that my appropriately geared/max as tank can't survive a round on most bosses where a pet or Merc won't even take damage. And Mercs are essentially free (19pp when you have millions). But without Mercs or Pets being ridiculously OP, you wont progress because mobs are balanced/scaled around them.

2. Mobs are based around Mercs so player characters are nearly instantly deleted when fighting things. Walking into T4 with full T3 geared tank using my 3.0 (which I shouldn't even have yet) has me dieing quickly on trash, or insta-gibbed on first boss if i accidently pull aggro from my Merc (who still doesn't take any damage even on a T4 boss). There is literally no progression here, it is "afk until you're Merc fetches your loot" kind of system.

3. Classes are a cluster fuck. Some have severely broken/op spells, others have only the base spells still (they claim these classes are unfinished, but are still pushing out new tiers of content at a good clip), and others that are "finished" have maybe 8 beefed up spells while the rest are useless. You have to fish through all spells from 1-80 to find the hidden op ones which is annoying AF. 99% of your spells are worthless when they hit for the live EQ DMG (couple hundred, maybe a thousand) on a server with multi-millions of HP. They should just nuke your spellbook and only keep in the spells they're beefing up - Otherwise there is literally no point to them.

Also, pets are broken.

4. There are 3 "hubs" for no real reason. 1-3 NPCs of use in some hubs, a couple more in others. No real reason for it, even from a "progression" point of view. It feels more like they couldn't decide which hub to use at what time, so it's super fragmented - there's even NPCs in the Nexus that appear to be from before the server had a plan (5 or 6 different 1-70 NPCs that sell junk gear worse than what drops in those respective zones - ie defiant gear). Merge your damn hubs!

5. No real cohesion to the server. Stuff is "hidden" for no reason other than to be a pita. As mentioned above - the melee and caster vendors in Pok make the server even more trivial... If you know to look for them and buy their wares. Put notifications at certain levels to seek out these NPCs if you're going to fragment the hubs!! The 30khp earring when you have 8khp as a fresh 70 is just bonkers. Not knowing to pick it up is just.. Why? Why does it exist at all? Why the sudden inflation of HP and damage values for no reason? Fresh 70 you are sub 10k. After 1 tier or so you're 150khp. Wtf?

TL;DR - You might have fun for the first bit. But going afk while your Mercs solo shit gets boring fast.

I hope this helps the dev's focus their server a bit better and really work to create a more polished, balanced and cohesive experience. I'm not posting to discourage them from development - Rather I hope they take some of our criticisms of this and fix it accordingly. I'm sure the server would be a long-term blast if so.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:05 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze_EQ View Post
Tried, hated.

Blows big nuts.

EDIT:

1. Leveling to max level without assistance from a 70+ mage is abysmal. Level 35 killing level 45-55s with EXP buff = 2%exp per kill.
2. Balance is all types of fubar. My Merc at level 35 can tank BoThunder and not die.
3. My "1s" healing item heals for 2,000 at 35, which allows me to create a macro and make my merc kill everything, defeating the purpose of having a healer box.
4. I saw a weapon that was 9000dmg 10 delay. That's just stupid.
5. Only way to really progress is to slog through a 6box and run macros to control them.
6. Made 15million plat in 30 minutes at level 35. Pretty much before 40 I could already go to level 80 since 71-80 is 2milpp per level.
7. Community is a bunch of 6boxers. Server feels dead.
8. "Progression" feels like a child with autism said this item goes on this monster, let's not make anything "custom" on a custom progression-like server.
9. Eat me with the earlier review.

See this is the Maze we know....
Old 02-02-2018, 09:50 AM
lgsource
Fire Beetle

Having a blast playing here. I cant argue with the points above but regardless the server is a lot of fun. They've come out with a ton of content in a small amount of time and the balancing and tuning will come when they have time.
Old 02-03-2018, 03:29 PM
Grayemu
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgsource View Post
Having a blast playing here. I cant argue with the points above but regardless the server is a lot of fun. They've come out with a ton of content in a small amount of time and the balancing and tuning will come when they have time.
The problem is they keep making more and more poorly balanced content so the effort to balance is going to just get bigger and bigger. Gotta balance first as a priority my man.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:41 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayemu View Post
The problem is they keep making more and more poorly balanced content so the effort to balance is going to just get bigger and bigger. Gotta balance first as a priority my man.

Impossible to balance when it's so mudflated.

They went from normal 70s content to "Check out my god 9000/1 dmg weapon with 75k hp/ac/mana."

Shitshow imo.

Old 02-06-2018, 01:22 PM
kokey98
Hill Giant

seemed like a fun enough server...

an option that always seems to be lost on people, since it's a solo/box server: you don't have to use all the custom stuff, if you don't like this or that. it's not a requirement.

all emu servers are an amatuer hour operation by definition! (more so for some than others, but relative to even an indie game, ~true)

that doesn't mean they aren't fun and awesome or that they don't take alot of effort and time.

don't let negative nancy(s) deter you from trying this server.

it's a "fun" server, "solo", "box", "bots"... lots of ways to enjoy it and you only have to do what you enjoy. it is your choice if you use an OP'd item.

i think most of the 'criticism' is really just personal preferences that aren't being met or forced upon others with no need. balance in eq? show me where this is? (i only played until release of GoD). balance? LoL, that is un-eq!
Old 02-06-2018, 05:54 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Kokey, you literally sound like the dumbest player ever.

The point of custom content is to /gasp, play through it.

It becomes absofuckinlutely trivial when mercs are the only thing that can tank a boss. Your character basically becomes a retarded stat stick paper doll.

It's garbage, trash, and shit.

Shut the shit down and recreate something with a plan, not autistic spasms of queries.

Old 02-07-2018, 12:49 PM
mjbcb0717
Hill Giant

Sir please calm down.