Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 12-18-2018, 11:22 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

Default Cannot apply database updates

I know this is probably a stupid question with an obvious answer, but I just cannot figure out how to get the setup script to actually apply database updates.

I'm coming back to a server that I had working last year, and I am unable to figure out how to apply the recent database migrations. When I run eqemu_server.pl > database > check_db_updates, it tells me that no updates need to be run and sets the database version to 9119.

In the db_update_manifest.txt, I can see there are many migrations after 9119 though. Also, my database is obviously out of sync since I don't have some of the new tables that were introduced. In the server source code, I can see that the .sql files have all been downloaded into the git/required folder.

I've recompiled my source code, ran every update I could from eqemu_server.pl, I've run both server_start.sh and server_start_dev.sh, and copied over the newest form of eqemu_config.json from source/utils/defaults. Nothing seems to actually apply the downloaded database updates. When I run the aa_tables command and remove_duplicate_rules, they clearly work and are able to connect to my database.

When the startup scripts run, they also say that the database is up-to-date. Unless I'm reading this wrong, I am pretty sure the world binary should always be pointing to the recently-compiled version, so it should be current.
Code:
root@Emulator:/home/eqemu/server# ls world -all
lrwxrwxrwx 1 eqemu sftp 48 Dec 26  2017 world -> /home/eqemu/server_source/Server/build/bin/world
root@Emulator:/home/eqemu/server# ls /home/eqemu/server_source/Server/build/bin/world -all
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 30623744 Feb 11  2018 /home/eqemu/server_source/Server/build/bin/world
How do I just apply the updates that I know are there without having to manually source in every single file? Is there supposed to be some option other than check_db_updates to actually apply them that isn't showing up for me?

Last edited by Randymarsh9; 12-18-2018 at 11:35 PM.. Reason: Add clarity
Old 12-19-2018, 01:22 AM
Uleat
Developer

I know the installer binaries were recently at 9125 and I just updated to 9132.

Not sure why compiling your own binaries would limit you to 9119 - off the top of my head...

Have you checked the actual db_version table entry to see what it is set to?

Compilin' Dirty
Old 12-19-2018, 01:31 AM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

I figured it out. It was, of course, something obvious and embarrassing.

I was just looking at the file updated year, not the month. It is December today, not February.

I was running "make" out of /home/eqemu/server_source/Server/ instead of /home/eqemu/server_source/Server/build, so the binaries that were symlinked to weren't actually being rebuilt.

So, side question, I guess. Is there a way to clean up what I must have messed up with cmake so I stop building to the wrong folder :P
Old 12-19-2018, 06:12 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Is there anything wrong with your build folder itself? As long as you `make` under "build" you're fine
Old 12-19-2018, 09:39 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

There's nothing wrong. I just had to clean up my source folder so I wouldn't keep getting confused by trying to use make in the wrong folder.