Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-21-2019, 12:15 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Old 04-22-2019, 08:06 AM
lgsource1
Fire Beetle

Come kill the stinky rats with us!
Old 05-02-2019, 10:13 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Old 05-07-2019, 09:57 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Old 05-11-2019, 05:06 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Cleopatria is still undefeated and a new raid will be coming later this month. If you haven't had a chance to experience the Rat's Nest because you don't group up or raid, now is your chance. Enjoy and have fun.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:48 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Just got Varlyndria a new home. We'll be back up tonight sometime hopefully.

EDIT: We are live on a new 1and1 VPS. Things seem very stable so far. We'll see on the stress test tonight.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:05 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

EDITED:

I have added a new channel to the discord that let's players vote on major serious changes. The current one is removing the affinity system, and adding a class path
system like the old Varlyndria. All the details of what would happen are on there. I will not make a development move until this poll has been up for a week OR reaches 30 votes over the other option. Please vote and let me know how you feel about this possible new direction of the server.

The overall server numbers were batshit crazy before. I have done some massive tweaks to get things back down to fit in an EverQuest World better. Enjoy. More to come.
Old 06-04-2019, 12:46 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Disregard this. Publicly posted source and files.

Old 06-04-2019, 01:36 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Public notice:

Varlyndria 2019 was canceled on 06/03/19, however the files have been released so anybody who runs their own private server can play it. Here is the old discord https://discordapp.com/invite/qVEyjAY - Please note that this cancellation was due to a popular vote of players wanting a class path system back and overall different experience. The server was not very liked due to the affinity system making things too bland. A new server will be coming out to replace Varlyndria called Tidefall. This server currently does not have a release date but you can keep up with it on our discord.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:08 AM
Member Berries
Fire Beetle

oh what? another iteration of varlyndria cancelled?! better get my credit card ready for the next one.
Old 06-05-2019, 02:43 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Member Berries View Post
oh what? another iteration of varlyndria cancelled?! better get my credit card ready for the next one.
I doubt you're following the project because you would already know what's happening, but I'll explain it to you anyway.

There was a vote from several players to get a new project going.

Donation totals from the recent Varlyndria are carrying over to Tidefall when it releases in the future. On top of that, nobody actually lost anything as I released everything to play Varlyndria to the public with a link in discord.
Old 06-29-2019, 01:14 AM
Reaper2k
Fire Beetle

Man, i just came by an old varlyndria email from drak way back in the day, on Vary1 and was gonna come try out the new one... sadly missed it by a month. Guess ill just go play EZ server or something that will stick around for a bit.