Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-25-2019, 09:01 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Default Creating/editing NPC's In-Game

Although it's not for everybody, I create all new spawns in-game with a GM flagged toon. Some people will look for easier ways, but I'm one of those people who's always loved typing on a keyboard, for many years now. The more, the better.

First think of the name that you want to call the NPC. In this example, we'll call him Foobar. Then stand in the spot where you want the NPC to spawn. (can be changed later). Then follow these steps. (others might use their own way).
Type #spawn Foobar (a human male named Foobar will spawn where you are standing). Or use a name like Foobar_Fuzzletoe (with the underscore). Just keep in mind, when naming, an NPC's lastname is what you see in brackets underneath it's name, (like "General Supplies" that you see on some merchants). To have his first name show like first and last, Foobar_Fuzzletoe is used for first name.(must have underscore). You can also name the NPC, a_foobar_beetle to be a simple trash mob, if desired.
Target Foobar, then type #npcspawn create. ( you will see a message that it has been created)
Then type #repop (this will set the spawn in the database) and you will see Foobar respawn where you had him. If you want to move him, just target Foobar, then go stand in the spot where you want, and type #spawnfix. Foobar will depop, then when you use #repop, Foobar will spawn in the new location.

After that, you can use #npcedit to alter the name, lastname, stats, etc. (changes won't take effect until you hit #repop again)
To make any changes, using #npcedit, you need to target the NPC, before typing the command. Here are some examples of what you can do.
#npcedit gender 1 (will set the gender to female) 0= male 1=female 2=monster(mob) If you create a monster/mob and it shows up as a human with a really radical hair-do, most commonly, something is wrong with the race/gender combo.
#npcedit race 11 (will set the race to a halfling) There are lists scattered in place with mob races, etc.
#npcedit class 2 (will set the NPC's class to a cleric) Other examples, class 41 would be a merchant, class 71 would be a merc merchant.
Also, if you decide you're not happy with what you created, target Foobar and type #npcspawn delete. I have a few hotkeys made up for my own stuff. One for create, one for repop, spawnfix, depop, delete, etc. Makes things less tedious.

There is a lot more info on support pages, this is just an example of creating and editing an NPC with in-game #commands. I like doing it this way, for my own preferences, I get to see what's happening, real time. Then if I need to create multiple spawn locations, I will use a 3rd party utility.
Old 05-25-2019, 10:03 PM
WarAngel
Sarnak

If I may add,

I am same type of cat that likes to do everything in game as well. If you are looking to make things en-mass. Some of the commands can be macro'ed with your toon.

For example...

#npcspawn create
#repop

My grid_entries are all macros. Macros to make different timed pauses at an entry.

-War