Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > EQEmu Operations Center

EQEmu Operations Center Web development tools

Old 02-17-2016, 03:58 PM
Slaymore
Fire Beetle

Default EOC - Copy zone observation

HI,

Was playing around in the copy zone tool and I noticed something that may be important.

I was making a copy of fhalls (99 to play around with a custom zone and I noticed that when it creates the new npc entries it increments the npc numbers to 999XXX.. This could be a problem, if I understand the npc numbering system correctly.

If I have this right, any npc should have the first 3 digits of its id as the zone they are in. So 344 is guildlobby and the npcs all start with 344.

But I noticed that when I made my fhalls copy (zone 99 it created all the new npcs as 999 which is apprentice (999).

I was lucky in that 999 is really nothing. But i think this could be a problem if I had chosen say any other zone to copy. Then all the npcs for my copy would be incorrectly id'ed into the next incremented zone prefix. This would make using the zone prefix for npc queries not so good..

Last edited by Slaymore; 02-17-2016 at 04:00 PM.. Reason: emotes messing up my numbers
Old 02-17-2016, 07:56 PM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

It will start at the next available NPC ID. If you want them to match the zone (as the PEQ editor looks for - since I'm assuming that's what you're after), you will have to move them manually.

Note that it makes absolutely no difference what the NPC ID really is. Same with everything else it imports (grids, spawngroup, etc).

If you really want to make the IDs match, make a scratch database and remove all NPCs up to the point you want the ID to start with. Then you'll be good.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:24 PM
Slaymore
Fire Beetle

Yeah, I guess I am just being @nal .. any mob in a zone should (best practice) have the zone prefix... in my ind :)

I get that it doesnt matter what the id is from a functional view point, but from a development view its not ideal..

For example

I wanted to copy a zone in EOC then use the mass field editor to change level .. say 68-72. Now I know that I can use the mass field editor to set hit points, min max hit etc. But It would be better if I could run queries and apply formulas to them ie. set hp = level * 1000 / min hit = level* 3 / max hit = level* 5 and apply them all to zone prefix number..

Again I am just being @nal I guess... I noticed that when I spawn a new npc with #spawn then write to db with #npcspawn create it also uses the next available id number... not the next available id number with that zone prefix..

oh well .. its all good as long as it works .. just seems messy to my brain lol

thanks for the reply.
Old 02-17-2016, 10:26 PM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

You could write queries to change it around like you're wanting to do. I mean, it is SQL after all

I've imported a mix and match of a lot of different databases. I just make a copy of the NPC, add 'em into the spawn group, and remove the high ID version. Takes me like 10 minutes at most to do almost any zone.