Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:21 PM
Asylum
Sarnak

Default Server update issues:

I completely removed all files and programs associated with the server after backing up my plugins folder, quests folder, and the database. Next I followed the detailed guide to setting up the server again and I have no trouble logging into the server through the eqemu login server list.

Here are the current issues:

The start.bat (world.exe actually) mentioned something about characters being stored in legacy format and moved all the information to character_old table in the database.
When I log into character select, all characters have none of their gear and world.exe gives the "Error loading inventory for charactername" for each character on that account.
When I log into a character, I cannot move only run in place and turn, nor do any NPCs appear to have spawned.

There has to be a way to recover/move the information in character_old to the new tables. There must be some simple solution I'm missing that is disallowing the NPC spawns and movement, I'm guessing maps? but those are up to date.

Thanks for any help in advance.
Old 06-27-2015, 09:25 PM
Asylum
Sarnak

Most of the problems are now resolved after retracing my steps. I wanted to use my saved database (obviously) but it originated from 6/2014. With this in mind, I would need to source in all the necessary updates from 6/2014 onward. Fast forward 20 minutes of typing source filename.sql and inventory is back on characters, can move, NPCs spawn, quests function, and all is well.

I need someone who is using the RoF2 client to attempt to log in "Jer's Server" and answer the question of did this fix the black screen issue.
Thanks.

Last edited by Asylum; 06-27-2015 at 09:27 PM.. Reason: request for login
Old 06-27-2015, 10:19 PM
Asylum
Sarnak

I'm not sure if GeorgeS is still around or reads this forum (or this may be in the wrong category)...

npc_loot_edit program does not work with the new source/database I'm using; it gives the following error:

FATAL ERROR! The Following Field(s) are NOT FOUND in your database
d_meele_texture1
d_meele_texture2

The eqitems editor runs perfectly as before.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:25 PM
Asylum
Sarnak

I suspect this is due to the change in spelling from "meele" in the original editor to match that in the old database to "melee" in the new database.

How can this be corrected to sync? Hope GeorgeS can make an updated tool with this change? Or, can the database table titles be changed back to meele with no other problems?
Old 06-27-2015, 11:09 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

These were changed from meele to melee by me. You could go through the source and change them all to meele if you wanted to, as well as in the database, but I believe there would still be some issues with GeorgeS' tools regardless, I don't know though, I haven't used them since they were new.
Old 06-28-2015, 06:53 PM
Asylum
Sarnak

If not GeorgeS' npc_loot_edit tool, what do you use? Is there an alternative program I can download? I actually rather liked GeorgeS' tool for this, once you get used to the clunky way of saving often when editing loot tables.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:14 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

You can use Akkadius' EOC: http://eoc.akkadius.com/EOC2/index.php