Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 04:52 PM
Xabob
Discordant

Default Eqemu Needs you!!

First off we need everyone and anyone who has a Eqlive account.. Sony is beta testing Eq2's encryption for Eq1 and if that happens no more Eqemu so collect as much now as we can or we might not have a second chance....
So anyone with a Eqlive acount please collect for us here is FNW's guide to using his packet collector just let it run well you do normal everyday things it comes with everything you need so its just click and start. Send your logs to Xabobwb@gmail.com and i will start a thread to give anyone who contributes credit for the time they have spent collecting.

Look into the Wiki for information about collecting: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...kka=EmuCollect
[12:38] <RangerDown> I watched Napoleon Dynamite the other day
[12:39] <Xabob> omg
[12:39] <Xabob> want me to shoot you now?
[12:39] <RangerDown> and the first words out of my mouth at the start were:
[12:39] <RangerDown> Hey I bet Rog looks like that

Last edited by fathernitwit; 05-26-2005 at 07:59 PM..
Old 01-14-2005, 05:30 PM
GAYLOVEPANDA
Banned

i can almost guarantee that anything new soe produces for eqlive wont be worth adding to eqemu anyway.

Last edited by GAYLOVEPANDA; 01-15-2005 at 01:38 AM..
Old 01-14-2005, 06:28 PM
notjawn
Fire Beetle

I agree, the latest expansion looks like the last milking.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:48 PM
fathernitwit
Developer

we do not have good data for anything above luclin really... thats what we need collected. We have a lot of PoP, but we are definately missing entire zones, and only have a single log for a lot of other zones... it just goes downhill from there. If we do not collect them now, they might not get collected for a long time.
Old 01-15-2005, 02:46 AM
Jalopy
Fire Beetle

Hello guys, Hopefully I will be able to help you on most of the zones missing.
I never bought the God expansion, and Im not flagged for time or some of the other zones either, so will not be able to collect data from those zones.

Since you said you have only a single log for some zones and have no information for other zones whatsoever, could you please prioritize if possible the zones you feel need the most attention. I'll then collect the data and email it per the instructions, Thanks

YKESHA

Crypt of Nadox
Dulak's Harbor
Gulf of Gunthak
Hate's Fury
Torgiran's Mines

Gates of Discord

The Abysmal Sea (GoD City Zone)
Barindu, The Hanging Gardens
Ferubi, Forgotten Temple of Telosia
Kod'Taz, Broken Trial Grounds
Natimbi, The Broken Shores
Qinimi, Court of Nihilia
Qvic, Prayer Grounds of Calling
Riwwi, Coliseum of Games
Txevu, Lair of the Elites
Yxtta, Pulpit of Exiles
Instanced Zones
Ikkinz, Antechamber of Destruction
Inktu'ta, the Unmasked Chapel
Sewers of Nihilia - Emanating Crematory
Sewers of Nihilia - Lair of Trapped Ones
Sewers of Nihilia - Pool of Sludge
Sewers of Nihilia - Purifying Plant
Tacvi, Seat of the Slaver
Tipt, The Treacherous Crags
Uqua, The Ocean God Chantry
Vxed, The Crumbling Caverns

Omens of War

The Bloodfields
Citadel of Anguish
Dranik's Scar
Harbinger's Spire
Noble's Causeway
Riftseeker's Sanctum
The Ruined City of Dranik
Wall of Slaughter
Muramite Proving Grounds
Instanced Zones
Catacombs of Dranik (single group)
Dranik's Hollows (single group)
Sewers of Dranik (single group)
Muramite Proving Ground Trials (Single group and 54-person raids)

Lost Dungeons of Norrath

Deepest Guk
Miragul's Menagerie
Mistmoore Catacombs
Rujarkian Hills
Takish-Hiz

Questionable Zones

Cazic Thule (Any changes after revamp)
Mistmoore Castle(Any changes after revamp)
Chardok, Halls of Betrayal (Chardok B)
Marauder's Mire (Premium Server pay zone?)
Mines of Gloomingdeep (Newbie start Point)
Nedaria's Landing (Part of God but accessable to all)
Veksar (Standalone Expansion)
Shadowrest (Corpse retrieval Zone)

Old Plane Zones

Plane of Disease
Plane of Fear
Plane of Growth
Plane of Hate
Plane of Mischief
Plane of Sky

Planes of Power

Doomfire, the Burning Lands
Drunder, Fortress of Zek (Plane of Tactics)
Eryslai, the Kingdom of Wind
Halls of Honor
Lair of Terris Thule
Plane of Innovation
Plane of Justice
Plane of Knowledge
Plane of Nightmare
Plane of Storms
Plane of Time A
Plane of Time B
Plane of Torment
Plane of Tranquility
Plane of Valor
Ragrax, Stronghold of the Twelve
Reef of Coirnav
Ruins of Lxanvom (Crypt of Decay)
Temple of Marr
The Caverns of Exile (Solusek C)
The Forgotten Halls
Torden, the Bastion of Thunder
Tower of Solusek Ro
Vegarlson, the Earthen Badlands

Last edited by Jalopy; 01-15-2005 at 10:50 AM..
Old 01-15-2005, 05:51 PM
fathernitwit
Developer

OK,

I finally got together a log collection place.
Please upload all zone collect logs here, in the correct folder:
http://www.projecteq.net/logs/
Note: you must be logged into the PEQ forums before going here, it uses that for authentication.

Important notes for PEQ zone collection:
1. Always zip your log files. 1 log per zip please.
2. Maximum file size is 6MB per file, if you haev something bigger from a single zone, come talk to me.
3. Remember... one zone per log file please. Start the log file before you zone into the zone (login or cross zone line), and stop it right before you leave.
4. To properly collect pathing, spend 30-45 minutes in a zone.
5. Try to leave the zone as untouched as possible.
6. Try to visit all merchants in the zone, and open their inventory.
7. If possible when collecting pathing, move around large zones every ~15 minutes or so, since movement over 1000 units away might not get sent.

If you zone in the middle of a log file, it is effectively trash to PEQ. We have no tools to handle this.

Im going to try to put our legacy log files up in the linked area above so you can see what we have allready.

Last edited by fathernitwit; 01-16-2005 at 02:46 AM..
Old 01-15-2005, 07:54 PM
fathernitwit
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalopy
Since you said you have only a single log for some zones and have no information for other zones whatsoever, could you please prioritize if possible the zones you feel need the most attention. I'll then collect the data and email it per the instructions, Thanks
Please check out the PEQ logs page linked in my other post. I added a count of logs to each dir, so you can easily see what zones are missing logs or only have a single log or so. If you look at the ones with logs, if the log is less than like 200k, you can safely bet it does not contain pathing. Also if you see a zone not listed, we have no logs for it. If you need more guidance than this, let me know.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:21 PM
corncobery
Banned

Default Just a reminder

EQLive has opened up there 7 day trial pass to eq, people could use that to gather info if they do not have a account, just pointing that out. If it helps.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:39 AM
fathernitwit
Developer

Default Updated

I have released a new version of the packet collector. version 1.0b3

The exciting new feature in this release is a mob info collection system. Turn it on before you start collecting and it will collect mob information for you so you can see who you have collected, what merchants are in the zone, if you have collected their inventory or not, as well as two counters on for waypoints, to see if you got the pathing that you think should be there. The waypoint numbers are not a ratio, just two different numbers about waypoints.

The new version also features a force flush option for packet files, which should help the people using winpcap 3.1's crah problem, hopefully preventing lost data, but prolly not fixing the crash. If you dont have a crash problem, you dont need this.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:00 AM
Mysia
Fire Beetle

GAH
I've 3 weeks off and already used up my "game funfund" this month. Dang it, you should have said this sooner. I need a dang project before I go stir crazy. lol

So when does this new encrypt go in? I can open up my eqlive account next game funfund payday, but that's like 2 weeks from now.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:41 AM
wize_one
Dragon

it's hard to say, suposedly it is already on the test server..8(
Perfect quote from another site: it's immature pricks who refuse to read the numerous stickies in every forum pointing out what to do and what not to do that get flamed. Grow up and learn to do your fucking homework before opening your cake hole, junior. EQEmu doesn't like you anymore, and that's why you're getting errors. So go away.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:35 AM
fathernitwit
Developer

the new protocol is on test, without encryption... we might be able to collect quickly again if they dont encrypt it, but many deem that unlikely.

A path of unknown content is scheduled for the 26th. Which may bring in new net code.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:25 PM
IAjesus123
Fire Beetle

Hmm... so what happens if EQEmu development will have to stop once/if the new changes come along? I know this is a vague question that does not have an answer, but I am just wondering which direction the devs are leaning towards.

For example, have there been thoughts/suggestions about what to do for people who reinstall EverQuest and have to get EQEmu again? An update to Live would then make reinstalls completely unplayable. Surely, though, to keep EQEmu alive, there has to be a non-warez system for new installs to be able to play? Thus, is the long-term plan to make EQEmu somehow accessible to fresh installs of EQ?

I'm sorry if this post gets people upset I realize that there is probably lots of material that I was too ignorant to find out that was posted earlier in the forums, but with this new update to the EQEmu saga, I just want to know the general direction EQEmu might head.

Last edited by jesus123; 01-21-2005 at 01:28 AM..
Old 01-20-2005, 05:29 PM
mattmeck

go go OpenEQ, it will solve all these issues.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:19 PM
fathernitwit
Developer

just a reminder, patch is coming on the 26th according to sony.

if anybody is holding out on collecting, now is the time.
I have put together a list of zones which have no/few logs. If you wanna make sure a zone gets into PEQ some time, now is the time to collect it..

http://www.projecteq.net/logs/todo.txt

again, collects of any other luclin+ zones will help, even if we have some logs.
Closed Thread