Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:04 AM
jackmccai
Fire Beetle

Default Everquest offline assistance

Hello!
So, first off, I know that this subject has been covered before, and yes, I have done my reading, but I have some rather specific questions and am in need of some help from the community. Let me give you a little background:

I have been playing since 2000 on and off. I quit after the last several expansions, the game just got too nuts and tried to be a different version of WOW. Then I discovered p1999, it was amazing to be able to go back to the "motherland" before kunark. However, I am in the military, and am going to be leaving in a few months for nearly 2 years. I most likely will not have access to the internet, or at least regular access. I want to take the old game with me, knowing I cannot play online. So, here are my questions.
1. Is it possible (it seems so)?
2. If I need special equipment can it be made reasonably portable?
3. How can I do it?

I am computer savvy, but not capable of doing so much troubleshooting, so I need an idiot-proof setup guide (if it is possible), more than the standard, "see the minilogin thread". Would anyone be willing to help out with this little project? Thank you!
Old 04-28-2017, 12:03 PM
Vexyl
Hill Giant

I don't think minilogin is supported anymore, but I suppose Akka's installer would work if you read the part about installing a loginserver:
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40299
http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Akkas_P...ler&frm=--Main

See "Installing a Loginserver (Windows)​" and "Setting up the Loginserver for Local LAN"

Stay safe wherever you're going and thanks for serving.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:24 PM
kokey98
Hill Giant

relative to using the installer...

i think you need to add a line to make the config.xml file... could be wrong.

I chopped off queryserver and database sections, those should be fine, anyway. i made some small changes to # of ports since it's just for local use... but totally unneccessary to do... i'd leave it default if it is different than what i have pasted below, relative to any port # or how many are defined etc.

i think i had to add the <address> line - not sure if "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" works, but those are the same thing. click details of your network connection and get your local ip from there. i recall it not working until i added that line, but i ded multiple things at once and made it impossible to know for sure if that's what fixed it at that time.

<server>
<world>
<shortname>PocketEQ</shortname>
<longname>Pocket Everquest</longname>
<address>192.168.0.52</address>

<loginserver1>
<host>192.168.0.52</host>
<port>5998</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver1>

<tcp ip="127.0.0.1" port="9001" telnet="enable"/>
<telnet ip="0.0.0.0" port="9000" enabled="true"/>
<http port="9080" enabled="true" mimefile="mime.types" />

<key>"Censored - some long string"</key>

<!-- <locked/> -->
<!-- <unlocked/> -->
</world>

<chatserver>
<port>7778</port>
</chatserver>

<mailserver>
<port>7778</port>
</mailserver>

<zones>
<defaultstatus>255</defaultstatus>
<ports low="7000" high="7100"/>
</zones>

below that is just your login/password for the database and queryserver... and for me empty launcher, files and directories sections.

also look over login.ini in your server's directory. i don't like navigating on wiki pages, i just google "eqemu wiki <a key word or very short phrase>" and that works amazingly well when i run into a (likely self-inflicted) roadblock. :p
Old 04-28-2017, 08:29 PM
kokey98
Hill Giant

Oh, i'd make a couple extra additions to the given bat files or make a couple extras on the side.

One containing net start <same 3 services> (or added to there start eq server batch file)... and one with net stop (or add to stop eq server bat)

net stop sqlwriter
net stop mysql
net stop apache2.4

i don't like these things just running in background... i don't trust my ability to set them up without being a sercurity concern... mostly the webserver one, but i guess sqlserver too. plus when not playing, why waste resources on it. simple double click to end.