Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-06-2017, 12:50 PM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

Default Expansions beyond Gates PEQ

I've been searching the forums to see if anyone is sharing their work before I go about plugging in stats for each mob in Stillmoona, etc...

I know the answer a lot of people get when they ask these types of questions is "Do the work, we had to". But I thought I would ask anyway. If there's someone who's done all the work already populating the further expansions and wants to share, I would love to not reinvent the wheel here and take 3 months doing it for my server. If the answer is do the work yourself I respect that, and it's totally fair, but don't ask, don't get is what momma always used to say. And momma ain't wrong, Colonel Sanders.
Old 08-06-2017, 04:37 PM
The_Beast
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridgecritter View Post
plugging in stats for each mob in Stillmoona, etc...
Just curious about how old your database is or, are you looking for more accurate stats than what's in the current one.
Official content does not support later expansions, but many of the zones I find in the current DB are populated, with stats.
stillmoona, for example, 162 npc's, all with stats attached to them. Nobody will claim they are accurate, but they are there.
Like a_Stillmoon_Goblin (338001) > lvl 68 6804 HP's, etc........
Old 08-06-2017, 08:19 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Well, PEQ has OoW, that's beyond Gates :P

PEQ will probably start work on DoN within 6 months.
Old 08-06-2017, 08:32 PM
The_Beast
Discordant

Ya, I noticed the PEQ server is running OoW now, but wasn't sure if the "current" DB the rest of us download is as current as that.
I am happy the OoW is more completed, it's the last expansion I liked on Live. So go ahead, take your time with DoN
Old 08-07-2017, 10:28 AM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

Yeah I guess I should have clarified. There are a few NPCs, with stats, some even attached to loot tables, but they have 4000 hp and drop like a fly. I've been on plenty of servers where they've done the work already, but most server owners keep their work close to the vest. Which again, is perfectly fair. I'm just asking before I start to do all the work.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:42 PM
The_Beast
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridgecritter View Post
before I start to do all the work.
I get that, lol. My whole enjoyment of EQ now is not about playing the game anymore. Everytime I log on with
a client, it's a GM toon doing more work on the server. For as much as I enjoyed EQ as a player, sometimes
I wished I had never started this "have my own server" thing. I kind of got lost in the fun of developing the server
and the interest to actually play the game has faded into the woodwork. Almost like my entire enjoyment of EQ has
evolved from gaming fun to "game editing" fun, but I've mostly settled in with that.
I'm enjoying the work, but when starting something like this, it started with "wanting a server my way", but some
where along the line, I got pulled in a different direction, without even realizing it. But I was liking it.
I personally struggle more with patience, than anything else. When I look at a long tedious task, like yours, it's not
really work I dread, it's the time it takes focusing on one type of task like that before I get to move on to something
else. But once I get going on it, especially "half way there", it starts to look more like I'm getting it done, lol
Old 08-07-2017, 09:03 PM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

I'm also a woodworker, and value the time it takes to do anything. I'm hoping someone wants to help with an sql dump or two to avoid the months of work.