Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 04-08-2008, 03:54 AM
billiameo
Sarnak

Cool Timed Out (Acct/Pswrd screen)

So first off, thanks ALL for the help earlier with my 1010 error, (which was really just the wrong edition of EQ).

An update: So I have the titanium edition set and Emu modified (patchme, 5998 etc..)..

I attempt to put in my "servername" (username) and "password" (password) at the login screen. I get this every time.

Timed Out.

I'm used to seeing that as some kind of connection issue when I was IN game, but not understanding why I'm getting it now. I've used erronious passwords and usernames to see if it's the one I'm entering, but correct and incorrect still gives me..

Timed Out.

To note it does take a few seconds, but it still happens. Any suggestions? Oh I did search through the database and found someone's thread that said that they thought their password (created here at EQ Emu) might have been too long. He said his was 9 characters then he changed it to 6 and he could log in easily. Is this accurate? Thanks for the help again!

Billiameo
Old 04-08-2008, 03:58 AM
billiameo
Sarnak

I will be constantly refreshing this page so I can respond quickly to suggestions.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:27 AM
billiameo
Sarnak

Update: So I've been seeing that a lot of advice on other threads is to bypass the router... is that easy? And is that recommended for everyone?
Old 04-08-2008, 05:32 AM
Teva
Fire Beetle

So I dropped my security settings and even obtained a new LS acct/pswrd that was short (as someone else said that might work). Still obtaining the Timed Out error, but I'm thinking it's because this is a college laptop. If there's a way to bypass the router I'm game.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:11 AM
trevius
Developer

He is running on a university shared network. I already PMd him that he will have to check with the network admin that manages their connection to see if they are blocking ports with a proxy.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:26 AM
billiameo
Sarnak

Default Update

I got past the log in screen!!! It wasn't the proxy thing (that I'm aware of). I realized I had an EQ Trilogy still installed, so I uninstalled both trilogy and titanium editions. Then I reinstalled Titanium, modified and walla!

Only thing is I can't get past the server select screen.. I can see all of them and pick one, but then it says "An unknown error has occured".

Thanks so much for the help guys, I know I'll get on eventually!!