Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 05-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Frosef
Sarnak

Default quest::depop & Respawns?

Quick question: Does quest::depop set the caller's (or target's) respawn timer? If not, what's the best way to go about despawning an NPC and setting the respawn timer without hardcoding qglobals into the script?

I noticed a lot of quest scripts for raid bosses will do the above when a boss' attempt timer is up or whatnot, and I think it's sort of bad practice to hardcode qglobals in like that for raid events. Since I want faster respawns on my server I have to go through and manually edit all the raid boss scripts that do this.

I wouldn't mind re-scripting these events to not use this practice, but the best way I can think of triggering the spawn2 respawntimer is to have the controller/mob in question Cazic Touch itself or something along those lines, which seems a bit of a cheezy way to do it, and I'm not even 100% sure that would work in the case of untargetable mobs.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Frosef
Sarnak

Hah, guess I shoulda studied the Wiki closer, it looks like $npc->Depop() does exactly what I'm looking for.