Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-19-2017, 12:41 AM
Lochrin
Fire Beetle

Default Server Wanted - p99Luclin

After a long discussion with many players on p99, and a lot of comments on the reddit forums (cause p99 forums just rampantly delete such posts..) ...

There is quite a large demand for luclin to be unlocked on the current project 99 servers. However.. devs there are firm on no, and the server locks out post Chardok 2 revamp

So here is someones chance to provide server/content to folks who will happily enjoy such a project.
During discussions it is clear the players are seeking the same ruleset/environment as is current on p99, but with the extra, valuable content luclin offers.

Devs.. step up and grab those who are trickling away from p99, but cant afford Agnarr!
Old 09-19-2017, 06:30 AM
Splose
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochrin View Post
After a long discussion with many players on p99, and a lot of comments on the reddit forums (cause p99 forums just rampantly delete such posts..) ...

There is quite a large demand for luclin to be unlocked on the current project 99 servers. However.. devs there are firm on no, and the server locks out post Chardok 2 revamp

So here is someones chance to provide server/content to folks who will happily enjoy such a project.
During discussions it is clear the players are seeking the same ruleset/environment as is current on p99, but with the extra, valuable content luclin offers.

Devs.. step up and grab those who are trickling away from p99, but cant afford Agnarr!
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40299
Old 09-19-2017, 11:22 AM
lupisnoctum
Sarnak

If p99 is losing players, are you sure that it's to disinterest or is it diabetes and heart failure?
Old 09-19-2017, 11:33 AM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupisnoctum View Post
If p99 is losing players, are you sure that it's to disinterest or is it diabetes and heart failure?
Has to be this ... if you can't afford $15/mo you've got to be on SSID..
Old 09-19-2017, 11:43 AM
lupisnoctum
Sarnak

$15 is big money. You can get a large pizza from Domino's for $15 or five bags of Cheetos. Nobody should expect these guys to give up two whole hours worth of food just to play a game. Hot Pockets don't grow on trees.

Unless I have evidence otherwise, I pretty much assume most other players are on SSID for obesity-related conditions or for being on The Spectrum. Or both.
Old 09-19-2017, 11:52 AM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Pleaaaaase. Someone needs to spend countless hours creating this server so I can enjoy Luclin without paying for Agnarr!!!
Old 09-19-2017, 12:41 PM
lupisnoctum
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esildor View Post
Pleaaaaase. Someone needs to spend countless hours creating this server so I can enjoy Luclin without paying for Agnarr!!!
I hope you're not referring to me. I certainly wouldn't go near a boxing server. Boxing attracts cellar dwellers. I do find it amusing, albeit unethical, if you're actually managing to get in the pockets of at least a few roundboys. I suspect that money is still making it to Frito-Lay and Pepsico though, not to mention Little Debbie.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:49 PM
haynar
Developer

Quote:

Not a trivial task. What makes p99 popular? The anti-boxing and anti-third party program use efforts for starters.

There are plenty of servers that have luclin. But do they have an anti-boxing policy? Not like p99.

I can tell you up front. The CSR efforts put in by p99, I get to see first hand. I would never wish that on my worst enemies.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:03 PM
Toony
Sarnak

Quote:

Bruh, I gotchu, I'll be done in 2034.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:12 AM
TheRealTombs
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupisnoctum
Boxing attracts cellar dwellers
I've never understood this point of view. P99 is a non-box server that has people that literally sit at a dragon spawn point for 8 hours doing nothing but looking to see if it pops so they can batphone their entire guild at 3am to get pixels; if it doesn't spawn in that 8 hour window no biggie. There is another guildie right behind them willing to sit there for another 8 hours. How is a boxing server any better/worse?

It would be pretty sweet Lochrin, but after Luclin they would beg for PoP, and after PoP they would beg for LoY etc.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:01 PM
lupisnoctum
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealTombs View Post
How is a boxing server any better/worse?
I didn't say that disallowing boxing automatically kept a server loser-free. There are many ways to make a chub server, forcing boxing and "p99-ing" a server are but two of them.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:50 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

You voiced your opinion in a manner that was kind of aggressive. The sheer work behind matching Project 1999's era-centric content and design is ridiculous. To even post something like this as though someone can simply copy and paste what Project 1999 did is ludicrous. People have tried to replicate them for years and most if not all have lost interest. The main problem is most servers do not have a Development team like Project 1999. No lone developer is going to replicate that experience.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:35 PM
haynar
Developer

Happy to be a boxer supporting cellar dwellar.

Here's ur sign.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:42 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Can I have a sign?
Old 09-21-2017, 08:56 PM
haynar
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonstar55 View Post
Can I have a sign?
Not sharing mine. Get yer own.