Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:14 PM
Kailow
Sarnak

Can't wait to take this out for a spin. Looks like a fun server.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:22 AM
Township EQ
Hill Giant

Just another small update to what I've been up to these past few days.

Qeynos Hills is 90% finished, the hub zone is finished, and all class charms have been fixed and have changed up a bit.

I have finished editing the spell file so that 99% of spells on this server are using the old school spell graphics.. this took me FOREVER and was horribly tedious but was well worth it.

First things first, class charms.
  • Warrior - Defensive proc group rune that scales by level
  • Paladin - Defensive proc group heal that scales by level
  • Shadowknight - Defensive proc lifetap that scales by level
  • Cleric - 10% chance to twincast a heal, small chance on casting a heal to proc a group hot that scales by level
  • Druid - 5% chance to twincast a heal, small chance on casting a heal to proc a very small hot on the person you healed that then explodes into a group heal that scales by level (my personal favorite).
  • Shaman - 5% chance to twincast a heal, small chance on casting a heal to proc a group spell that allows your groupmates to proc a dot/slow (dot scales by level).
  • Wizard - 10% chance to twincast a nuke, small chance on casting a nuke to proc a mana over time on yourself. (not charm related but i've changed the settings a bit to allow wizards to crit nuke at level 1, with a little bit of an increased chance than normal.)
  • Necromancer - DoT duration increased by 2 tics (12 seconds.) Small chance on casting a dot/lifetap to cause your pet to do a pretty big aoe nuke, this stuns your pet for a little while to allow him to recover.
  • Mages - 5% chance to twincast any nuke, decent pet buff clicky.
  • Enchanter - The only charm I have not been able to find something reasonable to put on, someone help me.
  • Rogue - Innate haste plus a chance to proc a backstab
  • Monk - Innate haste plus a chance to proc 2 flying kicks.
  • Ranger - Innate Endless Quiver, Increased bow damage.
  • Bard - Adds a weapon proc that procs a group overhaste that scales by level.

Thank god I've finished with these, I've put a lot of work in making sure these are good, I still have some balancing to do with them, but that will happen once I open beta and see them in action more than just me running around with them.

Qeynos Hills: A solo-friendly zone for levels 5+

This is your next zone after you're finished with yard trash in Qeynos, or maybe even after you found a group and done the sewers. I've made sure that this place is very well populated so that if there's a ton of people in the zone everyone will be able to exp. While this zone is solo friendly, there ARE some things in it that will ruin your day and that solo players should avoid.

I've added a few miniquests in here to help with leveling.

Teaser pics:

http://eqtownship.net/hillteaser1.png
http://eqtownship.net/hillteaser2.png
http://eqtownship.net/hillteaser3.png
http://eqtownship.net/hillteaser4.png (Old school spell graphics o yeeeeee)

What's next?

I still am gonna spend the rest of tonight, (it's 3:30am) fine-tuning and just trying to make Qeynos Hills as best as it can be before beta. Next I will be editing Blackburrow which is another group zone for levels 10-20. My plan is to change the zoneline of Surefall Glade and the Karanas.. Surefall Glade POSSIBLY may lead to the Warrens which will be another dungeon, but that isn't set in stone yet. The Karanas will be leading to another qeynos hills type zone that will be open and soloable.

Blackburrow will be soloable at the entrance, but once you get further down it will be group oriented.

As always thanks for reading, I hope to keep developing at a steady pace so I can get a beta out as soon as possible!
Old 10-08-2013, 07:01 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Blah, this looks really cool. Glad I'm not the only one with a hardon for Qeynos, lol
Old 10-08-2013, 07:03 PM
Township EQ
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets View Post
Blah, this looks really cool. Glad I'm not the only one with a hardon for Qeynos, lol
Heh yeah.. I love the zone, very nostalgic for me.. the only problem i'm running into is that ogres/trolls etc are too big, so im thinking of adding a script to auto shrink them, but not sure if that would be cheesy or not.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:17 AM
rhyotte
Hill Giant

You could give them a starting item with shrink on it.... could maybe make it Must Wear to cast and kind of slow....
Old 10-09-2013, 03:40 AM
Township EQ
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyotte View Post
You could give them a starting item with shrink on it.... could maybe make it Must Wear to cast and kind of slow....
I very well may end up doing that, but the reason I haven't is because I like to implement things in a way that doesn't require the player to tediously recast things, etc.

Mildly relevant info - I'm working on scripting the class charm effects to automatically be cast on you when you equip the charm and then fades when you unequip it.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:55 AM
rhyotte
Hill Giant

You could set spell duration up far enough that recasting would be pretty painless. Doing it the auto-on upon equip / auto-off upon unequip might tend to punish / limit players due to progressive gear upgrades over time...

Very cool concepts for your server.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:03 AM
Township EQ
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyotte View Post
You could set spell duration up far enough that recasting would be pretty painless. Doing it the auto-on upon equip / auto-off upon unequip might tend to punish / limit players due to progressive gear upgrades over time...

Very cool concepts for your server.
This would only be with the class charm, and it would be on a per item basis.. for example if you have rank 1 of the charm equipped you would get the rank 1 effect, if you had the rank 2 charm equipped you'd get the rank 2 effect.

There will never be any other obtainable charms in the game.. These charms really define the classes.. you will however be getting more class-defining items as you level up and complete quests or kill raid/group mobs.

Thank you, I hope everyone enjoys playing on it as soon as I get into beta.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Kailow
Sarnak

You have an estimation of when the server will go into beta?
Old 10-10-2013, 07:51 PM
Township EQ
Hill Giant

I'm trying to aim for early - mid november.. around the 28th i'm going to be doing a lot of personal stuff so I won't be able to work on it, but I've been doing as much as possible so I'm really trying to get it out as soon as i can.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:36 PM
surf3001x
Fire Beetle

GM let me try this server out last night, very cool concept and a lot of fun.

He has a lot of ideas and I hope he continues working on this and soon so we can all play!

hehe
Old 10-13-2013, 09:18 AM
Township EQ
Hill Giant

Just a quick update..

We now have a zone map for the server.. The purpose of this layout is to be able to create a steady path for solo players to progress on with continually giving the option of finding a group or playing with friends and going to a dungeon for better loot/experience. There will be "township" outposts with NPCs throughout the world, but not in every zone.. Druids/Wizards will be able to port around the continent blah blah etc etc. I like this zone map because there are a lot of lesser-traveled zones in it that many people are probably not very familiar with.. I believe combining that with a complete custom overhaul of each zone will provide a unique and fun gameplay experience.

Not all dungeons will be geared toward a group, I intend on making crushbone a solo dungeon.. keep in mind that content designed for solo play with obviously not give the same quality loot as group stuff.

Everything shown on this map will be levels 1-50, including level 50 raid zones/group dungeons. Content will be released on an "expansion" basis. What I mean by that is as soon as all of this is finished and ready to be played through 100% I will be working on a whole new continent for levels 50-60. The new continent will be released either all at one time, or on a tier basis (3-4 zones at a time).

Old 10-13-2013, 11:47 AM
Marza29
Fire Beetle

Pretty cool zone map! I had to laugh though when I saw the Splitpaw connection off of Blackburrow, I plan on doing the same thing on my server. At the time I thought I was pretty clever, but it does seem pretty obvious and fitting now that I think on it.
Old 10-19-2013, 12:07 AM
Township EQ
Hill Giant

Just another quick update.

A team member of mine decided to go through Qeynos and just polish it up a bit. Additionally, Blackburrow is finished and development on Crushbone is underway. I have a few teaser pics.

http://eqtownship.net/qeynosupdate1.png
http://eqtownship.net/qeynosupdate2.png
http://eqtownship.net/qeynosupdate3.png
http://eqtownship.net/blackburrow2.png
http://eqtownship.net/crushbone.png
http://eqtownship.net/crushbone2.png
Old 10-20-2013, 12:33 AM
Township EQ
Hill Giant

Updated zone connections

There will be "boats" connecting the world. These will be done via translocators for platinum. Thanks to Secrets' buffbot script, if you say wanna use the boat in East Karana to get to Butcherblock, or Toxxulia, the translocator in Toxx or BB will remember your balance of platinum given to the guy in East Karana. This will be the same for ALL boat npcs.