Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:00 PM
MarglarTZ
Sarnak

Default Login server's messed up again, not recognizing accounts/passwords

Yay, good times. Just a FYI post, please fix/reboot/whatever you had to do last time. Appreciate the support.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:15 PM
drizzt728
Fire Beetle

the same thing with me
Old 03-27-2009, 11:28 PM
aafendruid
Fire Beetle

hmm, it seems my friends and I are getting this problem now also. We were playin fine but I had to restart the server but now no one is able to get back in :(
Old 03-27-2009, 11:46 PM
Aergad
Banned

like i said i wouldnt hold your breath its usually down for hours upon hours at a time and all anyone says is to wait all this out till they buy a new server for it there is however another LS that image and devnoob put up obviously characters would have to manually be migrated but it does have far better uptime
Old 03-28-2009, 12:56 AM
Vaile5546
Fire Beetle

This is getting old with the LS. I only have 4 days until i leave for basic and all I want to do is play! Why can't I do that?
Old 03-28-2009, 01:01 AM
temptrix
Fire Beetle

Yes... I grow quite weary of not being able to embrace the joy of playing when I have the time. -.- Not sure what the deal is buuuut be nice to have her up and running.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:15 AM
RedOne6969
Fire Beetle

im having the password issue.... i changed them when told and still getting them today is this same with everyone ealse?
Old 03-28-2009, 01:18 AM
MainMan
Fire Beetle

AGGGHHH.

I don't mind the event as much; things happen. However, I get really frustrated
at the response time to problems like this. I mean, I understand everyone has a
life, but there should be some sort of mechanism for notifying the powers at
be.. like a phone number or something.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:22 AM
Aztore
Fire Beetle

Still getting invalid password error on login server 12am saturday morning CST reset password and still same errors =( i just got 65 too and cant play! =p
Old 03-28-2009, 01:27 AM
korrupted211
Fire Beetle

It's free....you get what you pay for. The people working on eq emu are doing this in their own free time, they ain't getting paid for it. They'll get to it when they can. . .period.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:28 AM
temptrix
Fire Beetle

Man... seriously. I will totally donate to this if it means it will work... I'm at that point. I wanna play on my EZ :(
Old 03-28-2009, 03:42 AM
yarmond1
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by korrupted211 View Post
It's free....you get what you pay for.
LOL you got that right. But the obvious to this kickback is that they do not except donations. Please move along! You're damned if you're right, you damned if you're wrong on here. Which is it?
Old 03-28-2009, 04:21 AM
trevius
Developer

The last update I saw from KLS is that they were in the process of getting the ownership of the current host changed to her so it would finally be managed by active team members (or at least her) so we can at least get it restarted to keep it up as much as possible while they work on a solid permanent solution. The last update I saw was a day or 2 ago, so it should be any time now that the ownership will be changed unless they run into any snags.

After that point, I am sure we should start seeing better uptime almost immediately and once more fixes and new hardware are in place, it should be very reliable. The hard part is getting the actual ownership changed so the team can take control from that point. Once that happens, changes and fixes or even just resets shouldn't take nearly this long.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:03 AM
Aergad
Banned

no they force people to basicly use this one ls or minilogin whichnow that devnoob and image have released a new ls and minilogin atleast there are better options.

If they wont release a decent alternative they should atleast make sure that issues like thos dont happen every 24 hours and last nearly as long when they do.

This isnt a new problem its an ongoing one. people dont want to move to devnoobs new server because of character loss (a problem im currently working on a solution for) but this "oh we are terrified there will be forks so everyone has to use a server that doesnt even WORK atleast 75% of the time is just assinine
Old 03-28-2009, 08:32 AM
slynnes
Fire Beetle

Aergad you sure you aren't deevnob in disguise? Every dam thread somebody complains on you bring up the same crap about a private LS. Enough already! Go and use it then!