Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-14-2005, 10:31 AM
runn3r
Fire Beetle

Default admin/Spawn Dev needs work!!!

Well title pretty much says it all. I have Gmed on servers before,and i have been playing on eqlive for 1 and a half years. I understand perl, and have alot of time to spare if custom zones are needed. Also can make loot tables. Send me a email at kameekazzee@yahoo.com if you are interested, or just reply.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:32 AM
_Kerosh_
Sarnak

Citadel of Ruins will probably need help once we contact the person who agreed to host us. He seems to dissapear every time he logs into MSN.

PERL File Description:
Serious AI, be prepared to spend hours on a single file. I spent between 10 and 12 hours on the first file I made for server.

Zone Descriptions:
Intense work, be prepared to spend one day just spawning a zone and getting all set-up.

Are you a database guru?

Know that i gotta talk with Nick, the owner, before anything can truly be arranged, but I always welcome PERL Programmers as I can't program everything by myself. If you don't know how to program in PERL and you wanna learn, I will teach you as long as you program with me when I am done : P.

Thing's you will probably need to know:
Array Lists
All EQEmu functions, identifiers, sub's, and how to use each one
Variables: Global, local, and NPC
Math Commands
Random Generator (Cuz I said so : P ) This is a recquisite for nice AI in server. You will probably be writing 10-20 different possible conversations for each AI as well as developing relationships. Debating on whether I should use my variables, normal local variables, or global.
Understand how Sub's work
Be a nice person

Just know basic PERL.

email: mrasolomon@yahoo.com
Hope to hear from you soon