Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-11-2005, 11:08 AM
Fajo
Sarnak

Talking Hosting Server's

When EQEMU becomes compatible with live I will be able to Host 2-4 Servers recently I got a nother DSL Line ran to the house 1.5 Down 1.0 Up goin to throw some EQEMU servers up there with it so if you been looking for a host make a post here Connection should be pretty reliable the server it self has 1 gig of 333 DDR and is running Dule Xeon's and i have around 110gigs left of HD space now the Server is also hosting a CS server of about 10 people so when its full about 50% of the connection is still avalible so you could see some lag if ALL the eqemu servers have 10+ people and the CS server is full anyways let me know if you are intrested
Old 03-12-2005, 04:07 AM
Vantlev
Fire Beetle

Default server

I could use a server, send me a email or instant message, info at bottom of post.

Vantlev@gmail.com
AIM:vantlevx
Yahoo:vantlevx
MSN: vantlevx
IRC(eqemulator.net): Vantlev
Old 03-18-2005, 08:57 AM
devn00b
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fajo
When EQEMU becomes compatible with live I will be able to Host 2-4 Servers recently I got a nother DSL Line ran to the house 1.5 Down 1.0 Up goin to throw some EQEMU servers up there with it so if you been looking for a host make a post here Connection should be pretty reliable the server it self has 1 gig of 333 DDR and is running Dule Xeon's and i have around 110gigs left of HD space now the Server is also hosting a CS server of about 10 people so when its full about 50% of the connection is still avalible so you could see some lag if ALL the eqemu servers have 10+ people and the CS server is full anyways let me know if you are intrested
Just an FYI a 1mb up pipe on a DSL connection will lead to alot of disconnects and droped packets. GuildWars 2.5 was run from a 1mb upstream SDSL. We where loosing clients like crazy. DSL is an Async connection so as your downstream from the clients reaches peak your upstream becomes gimped and you will drop connections. IMO 1 server on a dsl connection.

Now i know yer gonna say well my pc is l33t..my response.. GuildWars was run from SEVERAL pc's, The connection is the problem.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" Club
Most Senior EQEMu Member.

Current Work: EverQuest 2 Emulator. Zeklabs Server
Old 03-18-2005, 10:26 AM
_Kerosh_
Sarnak

Citadel of Ruins is looking for a host atm.

Topics are posted on what it is about. You would be hosting a site, an IRC Server, and the server itself.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:17 PM
Ueguvil
Hill Giant

I am currently looking for a host, my attempts of running one on my spare computer seems to be pretty futile thus far.

PM me or email me at sw_elysium@hotmail.com if you can hook me up.