Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-24-2005, 03:00 PM
FightersChoice
Sarnak

Unhappy I miss 1999 eq

It was kinda buggy, and the graphics weren't high-poly alienware kinda stuff but it was a better game. The good 'ol times.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:07 AM
Demi-God

Play on guildwars when it comes out March 4th, we are a classic based server (only zones added are nexus and bazaar for obvious reasons). Visit www.eqguildwars.com if your interested.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:04 PM
mysticalninjajesus
Banned

cant wait to play, but nexus and bazaar are what killed the towns. your reasons arent very obvious to me. elaborate.
Old 02-26-2005, 06:01 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Nexus - A truce zone to return to when you die, to prevent bind camping.

Bazaar - One zone to buy a few things from merchants from. I don't know if trader mode is allowed, but there's a few NPC merchants selling some basic necessities there, so you can buy from them without worry of port-destination camping. While a non-PvP zone, it's not exactly the friendliest zone in the game either, as Image and Devnoob will harass you the whole time you're in the bazaar. Get in, get your business done, then get back to the Nexus.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:41 AM
mysticalninjajesus
Banned

various towns/social spots > main central hubs which makes towns empty and useless. seems like quite a durastic addition just to prevent bind camping. i can think of a few more logical solutions.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:50 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticalninjajesus
various towns/social spots > main central hubs which makes towns empty and useless. seems like quite a durastic addition just to prevent bind camping. i can think of a few more logical solutions.
/very agree
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:34 PM
RangerDown
Demi-God

When the object of the game is to CAPTURE towns, the environment doesn't exactly encourage bustling market activity. You may or may not even get to set foot in the city gates without the guards killing you. And while I'm certain player-to-player trading does occur, anyone not wearing your guild tag is a potential enemy. If you got a valuable drop, I'm quite certain your guild leader would prefer you keep it within the guild than effectively shoot them in the foot by aiding the competition.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:39 PM
joshyoowuh
Fire Beetle

Circle of Elements may be the server for you (when it comes out anyways..)
http://www.eqclassic.net/
Old 02-28-2005, 07:52 PM
mysticalninjajesus
Banned

coe is totaly never coming out. plus with the low low population, eqemu only has room for one prekunark pvp server anyway. if i could choose which server to come out tomorrow though, id choose CoE's pre-kunark tallon zek vision over the city capturing nexus safty zone GW concept easily. since CoE is long dead though ill be making the best of GW.

Last edited by mysticalninjajesus; 03-01-2005 at 04:11 AM..