Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 09-22-2007, 03:51 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default AX_CLASSIC updates

Avialable in the Legacy of the Rathe forums download area
You have to copy/overwrite your quests with the newer quests included in this package, for this update to work right.
This update contains the night-day shifts and the start of the Hollowshade Moore Wars.

I have very little time any more to work on this, but I hope to some how make more time again - What i mean is, I need help! I'm giving you all this in hopes you will come back to me with improvements

Night and Day; probably doesn't need the "day and night" shift script, but it works fine. What I would like to keep is the "global quest shifting" though, as i plan to make wolfmen spawn at night (as they should) - they are all splattered through the zones, so it would better to keep a variable that can tell an NPC when it's night or day on a dynamic zone in. if some one has a better idea, I'm all ears

Hollowshade Moore Tribal Wars - I have this to here: you kill a certain named in the home base of a given tribe, and the defenders will spawn - kill all five defenders, plus one more that will quickly spawn (random decision is made as to who will be the attackers), and the zone will repop, with the new tribe in charge. Now, just this alone was "mucho trabajo!"
What's needed now, can be done, but takes time.
-First the Defenders should spawn with a timer, and de-pop after a while if no one helps kill them
-Next, an attacking group from which ever tribe is attacking should spawn by their home base and walk over to the "defender tribe" and attack, but loose if no PCs help them.
This would complete these mechanics and look more realistic, but is not the end;
There is a zone wide thing that goes on which envolves spawning some princes, despawning vendors, etc. If you want to dive in with me, heres more;
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/qgen...shadeMoor.html

This is a gigantic- and fun zone, just overlooked by many, as newer expansions followed too close behind, and dawned zones like thes useless.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:09 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default Hey Cavedude!

The bulk of this fix will easily port over to your PEQ database; I noticed the 166xxxx range in spawn2, spawngroup and spawnentry are free, the current holowshade NPC's were spawned out of order at a much higher range ( I moved mine to the.166xxxx range so they would be easy to find/sort since npcs here are 166xxx too).
you only need make an "insert" sql of this zone (from ax_classic), delete what you have right in PEQ Hollowshade, and run the new stuff, should fall right in place.
If you decide to do this, you should use the hollowshade ax_classic NPC's too.
I can help, with the rest (perl quests and all), but just don't have the time to create an update/port of this size.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:23 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

You read my mind! Thank you very much, I am going to take a look at this now. I need a break from scripting potime

As always, great work

EDIT: Hmmm, I only see 2a and the 2b update, am I not looking in the right place?

Last edited by cavedude; 09-22-2007 at 12:27 PM..
Old 09-22-2007, 05:43 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I took for granted it had uploaded, but I guess not, give me a few mins and i'll figure it out
Old 09-22-2007, 06:07 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

It's there now, If no one has made much PEQ changes to Lakerathe and Kithcore, might be able to replace those spawns with what I got too.
Is there a way to check /update time from with in a perl quest? I'm not sure if there is, I know I miss details on how to do things. It would be nice to have a way to check the world time from an NPC and be able to synchronize on a zone re-boot or with dynamic zoning via perl quest.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:57 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I posted an update, ax_classic_core_update_2k.tar.gz with all the changes made for the newest EqEmu executable compatibility, also some fixes for night/day, etc.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:37 AM
gernblan
Discordant

Wonderful!

Thank you!!!
Jest 4 Server
Linux (Jest3 runs on Fedora, our Dev servers usually run on Ubuntu and/or Gentoo), OC-12 Connection = Hella Fast