Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Shadow Wizard
Fire Beetle

Default "Blank" database

I am wondering if there is such thing as a "blank" database. Like if I wanted to start from scratch with nothing, and build it up manually, how would I go about doing that? I believe the db contains come critical information that must be there for the server to work, so the question is what is that information, and is it available in some form to source in?
Old 02-07-2010, 02:02 PM
jkennedy
Hill Giant

u could always just empty all ur db tables idk how good it would do ya but the zones u have to leave and spells idk w/e
Old 05-01-2010, 06:05 PM
kameko
Sarnak

Hey.... I'm currently working on this myself, and what I did was basically make a copy of the db, and then empty the tables I didn't need / want. Just some advice, don't spend too much time trying to renumber the zones...

I am making a new game starting in the old qeynos, Oceangreen Village... I tried to make that zone id 1 and it will not work. You CAN wipe out the zone table and just put in the zones you want to use, just keep the id's in tack.

As for the start_zone table, I wanted all good races to start in this zone, and evil ones to go to another zone... but I couldn't figure that out.... I put entries in this table but it wasn't working, so I added the variable "startzone" to the variables table and put in Oceangreenvillag.

If you have any questions about this let me know.... I am figuring this out as I go, but will help out the best I can..

Good luck

Kameko