Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-30-2016, 06:06 PM
Mortykins
Hill Giant

Default Raid Addicts [Now Solo Friendly]

Raid Addict Server

Fully Custom server with 14 years of content created June 2nd, 2002 - Current. We have recently made the server more solo / group friendly which made a ton of content much more approachable by players.

Vision: A eqemu server, that is drama free, where players and developers collaborate to provide fun, balanced and equal worth for work content.

Mission: To provide an indy game experience on par with other server’s and similar game structures. To ensure quality unique content that is enjoyable to EQ players, live and eqemu.

Objectives: Quality Customer Service, Balanced Classes, Content that is 98% soloable and 2% group/raid. A strong server economy. Drama-free play. Boxing/Botting support and unique customization. Provide reward and worth for individual and group play excellence.

Strategy: Delegation of developer responsibility (ie, Mortenson leaders new content, Khatis leads bug reporting etc). Transparency of fixes. Candor: Proper warning but precise consequences for inappropriate behavior or abusing of exploits/bugs. Open “door” policy for suggested improvements.

Non scheduled bonus/gm events for players. Proper chain of command.

Tactics: Daily/weekly reporting and summary of bugs. Bi-weekly reports on FB and WIKI for the changelog. Daily presence of developers/gm’s online.

Milestones: One week Sustained of server population (during peak hours): 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300.

An active trade economy that results in the need to reduce/nerf farmable goods (plat, elite faction stones etc).

The complete elimination of old school content (spells/skills items) and the replacement of unique created or modified KMRA spells/skills/items.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:24 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

How many server posts are you gonna make?

Old 08-30-2016, 07:10 PM
Mortykins
Hill Giant

How else am I going to get you to flame me ? I got to have my Maze Lovin !

Morty
Old 09-02-2016, 02:38 PM
Mortykins
Hill Giant

Default Re-Launching 14th Anniversary Promo

Well since we have had a small influx of new players logging in to check it out I have decided to re-launch this summers 14th Anniversary Promo Bot in order for the new people to get it's nice perks.

Old 09-02-2016, 05:44 PM
setadam
Fire Beetle

Default 14th Anniversary BOT IS UP Again!!!

Hey, any old or new RA players, the Anniversary Bot, which provides free tier three armor, and the epic 3.0 pieces, plus some end equipment currency, is up again. The server has been going through some wonderful changes, and has been streamlined to increase enjoyment. Most of this is in preparation for new content, so if you are up for it, now is a good time to try out RA again. If you have any questions just ask in OOC.
Old 09-02-2016, 05:46 PM
setadam
Fire Beetle

Default Enjoyment report

Just a heads up, I have been playing on RA for about a month now and have really enjoyed it. About 98% of it is soloable and we are doing well with helping eachother out with the 2% endgame. The wiki guides and facebook page have helped a lot, but I have also found that OOC has been super helpful.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:27 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

Database: Now with a password!
Old 09-07-2016, 08:15 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryatis View Post
Database: Now with a password!
Awh man, I missed you. Where have you been all my life?

Old 09-22-2016, 01:21 AM
Lochrin
Fire Beetle

Server hamster die?

Worldserver Name: Raid Addicts (Fully Custom) [Now Solo Friendly]
Server Version: [U]
Server Status: Down (Last Seen: 09/20/16 06:35 AM EST)
Average Players: 42
Max Players: 94
Old 09-22-2016, 08:18 AM
shadeknight
Sarnak

It's because someone is attacking the server and Mort is trying to get that solved.

Check out their facebook page for more info.