Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-29-2009, 04:03 PM
g_jamie
Fire Beetle

Default Character floating surrounded by grey

I just left the tutorial zone and when I went to log into the forest my character is floating in the air surrounded by grey screen. I can see my character fine, and npc's falling down below me but I'm in the air surrounded by grey texture.

Does anyone know if this is due to server instability or something on my end I can do?

Thanks
Old 03-29-2009, 04:45 PM
trevius
Developer

Sounds like your server code and your database versions do not match. I have seen issues similar to this when required SQL updates weren't put into the database for use with the particular version of server code. What database version and EQEmu server versions are you running? Also, which tutorial zone are you in? Do other zones work ok for you?
Old 03-29-2009, 06:05 PM
g_jamie
Fire Beetle

I'm sorry not familiar what file will tell me the version. If you can tell me where to look I can let you know.

I also thought maybe it was the dual core issue? but I have SP3 and that's suppose to fix the issue. I went a step further and disabled one core for the program but I can't connect to the servers right now so have to wait to try that out.

Thanks for your reply
Old 03-29-2009, 06:16 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_jamie View Post
I just left the tutorial zone and when I went to log into the forest my character is floating in the air surrounded by grey screen. I can see my character fine, and npc's falling down below me but I'm in the air surrounded by grey texture.

Does anyone know if this is due to server instability or something on my end I can do?

Thanks
After re-reading this, it sounds like Tutorial worked ok for you. What forest zone are you talking about? If it is Nektulos, it should be an issue with just how you have the zone setup. You are running your own server and connecting to that, right? Or are you talking about having this issue on someone else's server?

If you are running your own server, the version information is provided in the place that you downloaded the database and the source. It should be something like 1129 Revision 384.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:19 PM
g_jamie
Fire Beetle

I'm not running my own private server. I am on the Preferred PEQ Legit server. The tutorial worked just fine, it was when I exited it that Nektulos loaded and when it did, this issue came up. I had a chance to log back in and same issue. So it's not my own server setup or anything.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:00 PM
trevius
Developer

Ahh, then it sounds like you have the wrong nektulos zone file. I am not sure which one PEQ uses, but it is probably the old one. I dunno if you have to do anything special to get that working right on PEQ, but I imagine you could find the answer on the PEQ forums:

http://www.projecteq.net
Old 03-30-2009, 01:23 PM
g_jamie
Fire Beetle

Hey thanks for your help, and your right. The server uses the old file so I had to find the eqg file and add .bak to it. Cleared the problem right up. Thanks for the help!
Old 03-15-2010, 12:32 PM
DeathByCactus
Fire Beetle

Can someone elaborate on the fix used here? I have the same issue.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:23 PM
trevius
Developer

http://www.projecteq.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2195